Free Equipment on launch day?

twilyte

I'va question. So on launch day for the Note 8 at Mobile I was told that if you buy the phone on launch day you get a free screen protector and a case and a discounted set of earphones.  Called the 'accessory bundle. So i was pead to believe that those first two accessories were free yet when I logged in to my account it states otherwise. It shows that I'll be paying for them still when I asked if they were free and was told yes. So was I not told the truth about the accessories and the only free part was putting no down payment on it? I am confused.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Free Equipment on launch day?

Hey twilyte,

I am not seeing this specific offer Where specifically did you hear about this offer? I see one where you can get a free Samsung Gear 360 camera OR a 128GB MicroSD EVO+ memory card and Samsung Convertible Fast Charge Wireless Charging Stand, while supplies last. I also see a BOGO offer but nothing on a screen protector/case/earphones. Was this an offer you were told about in a T-Mobile store?

• tmo_marissa

Hi, twilyte! We just wanted to check in and see if you could shed any more light on this. I'm sorry to say that like Chris, I'm not seeing any offer of this nature. Can you let us know a little more about how you heard about this?

- Marissa

• twilyte

I was talking with the gal that had helped me and she was saying that because it was launch day when I got the Note 8 that it comes with a carry case and screen protector and she said it was free. I asked a few times just to confirm what she said and she said yes that I was correct.  Also because I got it on that day that I wouldn't have to make a down payment on the skullcandy headpohones withthe accessory bundle.  Said that I would only have to pay like $3-$4 for the headphones per month. I could've misunderstood myself butI asked several times and was told that I was correct. I don't know if I was the one that was given misinformation or i misinderstood, but regardless if the items that I have weren't free like I confirmed it then it would have been nice to know this before I got the items. That ways I could've saved money and gotten a cheaper case and screen protector from Amazon.

• tmo_marissa

I definitely appreciate that, twilyte -- we should leave no room for confusion when making sales of any kind; whether for equipment, accessories, or plans and services. I know that we should have you scrolling through any EIPs you're signing on the computer before we complete the transaction -- it sounds like at the very least we didn't do the best job of detailing exactly what items were on those installment plans. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback here. I believe the Buyer's Remorse period for accessories would have passed at this point, but it still may be worth reaching out to the store where you completed the purchase to see if there's anything that can be done. I'm sorry for the misinformation/miscommunication, and again, thanks for taking the time to let us know.

- Marissa

• magenta2965672

I was told the same thing, as were my kids. I just saw my first bill--bugging was at all free. I'm an attorney, thinking it's time to start filling complaints with the FTC and state.

• twilyte

See? I am glad thst I am not the only one who was told that.