Getting Screwed with the "Jump!" Program

domesticaveman

I'm a recent switchover from AT&T, and I really liked the idea of coming to T-Mobile for multiple reasons:

1) Similar service coverage, (although slower)

2) Cheaper, truly-unlimited service that's cheaper in price per month

3) T-Mobile offered to pay my previous device off with AT&T, (wow)

- and -

4) Unlimited international data (not having to pre-pay for a plan before I travel, and I travel a lot outside of the USA).

Now to my frustration:

When I initially signed up to get the iPhone 7 128GB, the store gave me a 32GB by mistake. I called T-Mobile to let them know about this, cause I didn't realize until I got home and restored my new iPhone from a previous backup of my 6s 128GB. They gave me a $50 re-stocking fee credit over the phone, so I could go back in and get the bigger one if i'd like to, which is nice of them. However, this didn't help much, since they still wanted a bigger down-payment in-store by $100. I said, you know what, since I have "Jump! On Demand", i'll just trade this phone in when the iPhone 8 comes out, and deal with deleting stuff every day on my phone until that happens. Whatever, i've had to deal with worse inconveniences.

Then, I get my friend to sign up on my plan, (bringing them more business), and he gets "Jump! ON Demand" for his iPhone 7. But when signing up while in store, the customer service rep tells me I don't have "Jump! ON Demand" on MY line, and essentially: the person who initially signed me up in-store screwed up with this too, in addition to giving me the wrong-capacity iPhone 7. The rep tells me I can call to get it taken care of. Okay. Cool...

So, I call this past Monday on Sept. 12th, and the rep on-the-phone tells me that she added the proper "Jump! ON Demand" to my line, so that I don't have to pay 50% of my depreciating device off before I can trade it in, and that i'm 100% good to go when the new iPhone comes out; since it's already been more than 30 days since I got my iPhone 7, i'll be able to "Jump!" right in.

However, this is not the case, yet again. I went to T-Mobile's website today to pre-order the iPhone 8, but alas: I still don't have "Jump! On Demand", and i'm told I have to pay 50% of my device off before I can trade it in.

No. Way.

I call customer retention, and there's "nothing" they can do, even though the girl on Monday told me that she added it for me, and even though I was initially told I had it when I got my phone; it's impossible to retrofit my device plan according to them, and there's no way it can be changed, "even if they go back and listen to the phone calls i've had with T-Mobile over-the-phone support, and that confirms the conversations i'm referencing".

I'm furious. Even from a logical standpoint: there's no way in my right mind i'd sign up to pay off 50% of a depreciating device, before being able to trade it in for another one, especially when signing up just months before the new iPhone is released. It makes zero sense, because i'm very conscious of the electronics industry: I own multiple franchised locations of a national company that fixes these devices, and latest technology is my passion. I know what these devices are worth, how quickly they lose their value, and when the new ones are slated to be released for public consumption.

The fact that i'm being told there's nothing they can do is total BS. The mistakes made by T-Mobile right off the bat are many, and it doesn't seem like they truly want to retain my business. Being a small business owner myself, I have to stand behind my word and promise on a daily basis, or else a regular person can *completely ruin* my reputation with a single Google review: why isn't a company like T-Mobile, who spends MILLIONS of dollars on a single commercial, do the same? I'm not sure what I should or can do in this situation other than get my attorney involved. I just want to "Jump!" into a new device, "On Demand", like I was initially lead to believe I could. Unless something happens to mitigate my circumstances caused by T-Mobile, i'll "Jump!" ship very quickly, and I won't go quietly, because this doesn't seem very "un-carrier" of them.

All replies