Irma Brevard Melbourne Florida no network anyone else?

drew1200

Since last week when Irma hit Melbourne Florida 32035. I am unable to make calls and there is no data.  Tmobile claims this is due to a tower being out in palm shores. But why am I paying for a service I am not getting Tmobile? Even wifi calls will dial but only silence I have 100M conneaction that speed test said had 60m download I am using my friends wifi hotspot from Metro pcs her to communicate

All replies

• drnewcomb2

I'm a little confused that you are using a MetroPCS WiFi hotspot to connect a T-Mobile phone that does not have a signal, because MetroPCS uses T-Mobile's signals to connect? What phone are you using?

Do you have working broadband Internet service (e.g. Cable or DSL) or just the hotspot?

• drew1200

So hard to type a message Im being bombarded with surveys for t mobile. 32935 area I have cable Spectrum wifi at house. But when I not at home or near wifi hotspot I can use, I have been using my friends Metropcs phones wifi hotspot. 2 Metropcs phone in same house can make calls fine and have 4g while I don't I switched from Metro to T-mobile because of the phones . I've heard T-mobile owned Metropcs so same network right? I remember when I got my last Metropcs phone and sales guy at Metro was telling me how it they are merging with tmobile and will use tmobile network so older metro phones won't work because of the new sim cards needed. I am now using a prepaid tracphone so I can make phone calls poo on you tmobile! I need to make calls for work in losing money.

drnewcomb2 wrote:

I'm a little confused that you are using a MetroPCS WiFi hotspot to connect a T-Mobile phone that does not have a signal, because MetroPCS uses T-Mobile's signals to connect? What phone are you using?

Do you have working broadband Internet service (e.g. Cable or DSL) or just the hotspot?

• drnewcomb2

T-Mobile's and Metro's networks are one-and-the-same. Metro used to have a separate CDMA network but that spectrum was converted and integrated into T-Mobile's network when the two companies merged. Old Metro phones might or might not be usable on the merged network. Those that are CDMA-only would not work. Phones that have multiple standards might work provided they have a new Metro/TMo SIM card. What's hard to understand is how you can use a Metro Hotspot but can't use your T-Mobile phone. Looking over your posts, I don't see where you mentioned the make and model of the phone you're using. I suspect the difference in reception is due to something about your phone.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
              • drew1200

I also have a tmobile mini cell phone tower connected to my spectrum router

• tmo_amanda

Hey, drew1200 !

I'm sorry I'm a tad late to respond on your post. I understand the need for signal after Irma not only to be able to communicate with friends and family but also with your job. Has your signal improved? Prior to switching to a tracfone, what make and model of phone were you using? Have you always had issues in the 32035 area or has it only been since Irma?

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still need any help.

• tmo_marissa

Hi there, drew1200! How are things going for you at this point? If you're still having trouble, we'd love to know what make/model of device you were using with T-Mobile before switching to the Tracfone so that we can see if there's a compatibility concern. Getting service is an absolute must! If you still need assistance, we're here.

- Marissa

• dragon1562

drnewcomb2 has a valid point. What device are you currently using?