Note 8 BOGO Reward Card DENIED

extremetm

11 year customer here. Simple Choice Plan. Was informed by T-Mobile employee Jihn on 9/7/2017 2:35pm to add a line and unlimited data on 2 lines. Did exactly that.

Got phones. Paid them off already. Received both Samsung Gear 360s already.

Reward promotion on T-Mobiles site says DENIED.

Don't know what they're trying to pull here. Not interested in what should have happened or new terms or backpeddling. Just interested in getting what was promised. I have tape of conversation with rep as does T-Mobile.

I wonder how many other consumers are getting screwed by T-Mobile. Seems they're making stuff up as they go along. Nothing of what they've said are anywhere in the promotion verbiage. Very deceptive. Never thought I'd be looking at another carrier but here we are. Moving 5 lines is going to be fun, not to mention a small claim. LOL

Anyone know of a watchdog group aside from Twitter or Facebook I can report this too? Thanks in advance.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Note 8 BOGO Reward Card DENIED

Welcome, extremetm, and I'm sorry that we're not meeting on better terms! We don't want anyone missing out on a promotion - be it a rebate or bill credit - when they've fulfilled the requirements in good faith. It sounds like you've done everything necessary to maintain eligibility for the Samsung BOGO rebate promotion based on the details you provided above. Did the promotion site provide a denial reason or code? Have you had a chance to reach out to the promo team to get any more details on what's happening here?

- Marissa

• extremetm

I have reached out to the promotion team and they are closed today. More importantly, I would like to know why my post keeps being removed from 'The Account' discussion board? It should be in that thread since it's more related to my account yet it keeps getting taken down.

• tmo_marissa

I promise this post is still public, extremetm! I did, however, archive the duplicate posts to keep the Community tidy. If you'd prefer for this original post to be moved to the Accounts discussion space instead of the Note space, I can take care of that for you! I sent you a Private Message regarding this as I was moving the duplicates -- I'm not sure if you missed it! You can check your inbox here.

- Marissa

• extremetm

Yes. I would prefer it be moved to the account board. I understand about duplicate posts.

• tmo_marissa

Not a problem! It's moved over.

I wish solving the concern with your denial message was as easy, though. We don't have individual account access in this forum, so I can't take a peek at the details from here, but I can take a look at the promotion on our side and see if we can make sense of what's going on at a surface level. Was there a denial reason or code listed on the message you see when you check your promo status?

- Marissa

• rbecerra

Me and my wife r having the same problem now. We called in and told them we want to do the BOGO so they set everything up for us and now they say we r denied. Seems like their trying to bully their customers into signing up for more things that was stated.Im going to take my business elsewhere where I've been with them for 10+ years. T-Mobile of more than one person is having this problem it's your guys fault something on your end went wrong and u guys need to make it right with your customers.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, becerrajess! Every customer is important -- while we don't have any system issues listed that would indicate a widespread problem, we definitely want to help get to the bottom of this for you if we can! Is there a denial reason listed when you review your promotion status? Or have you had the opportunity to reach out to our promotions team at this point?

- Marissa

• magenta3098516

i just got my rejection of the rebate.  I've had t mobile for 15 years but I'm done.  i was told i qualified for the BOGO on the galaxy Note 8 and S8+ but was denied because I don't have qualifying plans.  the agent never told me and because they took too long to process the request i cant change and qualify.  If i switched to verison or att I would have gotten the phones for free and $200 at Best Buy, at that time.  I thought about it but decided to stay and get just one phone free and stay with Tmobile.  Never again.  This was a scam and Tmobile does nothing to keep customers just offers the good deals to get people to switch. 

From now on I will switch carriers every time i get a phone.  Wake up Tmobile you are loosing long term accounts.

• tmo_marissa

Oh no, magenta3098516! I'm so sorry to read this. What type of plan do you have, and (if it's Simple Choice) what type of data plan did you add to the new line? Did an internal team advise that it's too late to switch plans or change the data plan and resubmit?
                          We don't have the ability to make account changes from this forum, but we definitely don't want to lose your business after over a decade because of this. If interacting online is a good fit for you, then our T-Force team on Twitter or FB can securely verify your account and take a deeper look at this! I am not sure what escalation opportunities there may be for this situation, but we'd love to make sure we're at least looking it over for you! Thank you for taking a moment to chime in with your feedback here -- I do hope you'll give us a chance to turn this experience around.

- Marissa

• magenta3152636

I just got the same denied message called Rebate Care and got squared away