Tmobile jump insurance

magenta1659347

Hey so i went to the apple store to get a replacemen for my iPhone 7 under there one year warranty i work in construction alot and damage devices in the past so i called tmobile and made sure i had insurance and they told me i do but if i file a claim in wont cover it since the insurance only coveres the last device used with the imei and that my iphone  7 shows up as a non tmobile device because apple only gives out unlocked dev as replacements this is bs im very disapointed as i pay $12 a month for jump with insurance without apple care I always have a bad TMobile expirence with their policies i feel sometimes like im back with AT&T.

All replies

• magenta1659347

Re: Tmobile jump insurance

I also forgot to mention that the rep i spoke to before i did the warranty replacement through apple when i was having the issue suggested i go to apple for a replacement even though i told her i had insurance

• Re: Tmobile jump insurance

If you had insurance through T-Mobile you should have gone through T-Mobile. When you decided to pay for T-Mobile insurance but take care of the replacement through Apple you would get a device that does not have the same IMEI as what is in T-Mobile's database.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta1659347

So what can i do i really need someone to help with this.

• You'll have to contact T-Mobile via phone or social media. No one here can access your account. You need T-Mobile to find a way to get your IMEI into the system. Unfortunately you didn't use the proper channels and you might not have recourse.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_mike_c

Oh, that's rough hearing you're phone was damaged. Have you contacted our social media team already? Were you able to get it replaced through insurance? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

• camarograna2

Can you clarify if you were on the newer Jump that include apple care. If so this is a big issue because Tmobile has been promoting that you culd repair your Iphone through Apple Care.

• camarograna2

If you have Premium device protection with Apple care you should be fully protected. Here is what tmobile help in twitter said on the matterdeviceprotectwapple.png

• omghi

T-mobile has lied to me.  When I purchased my 2 note 8 devices I wanted to sign up with Samsungs premium care plan which is 12 dollars a month just like T-mobile but only $99 deductible if phone breaks due to accidental damage.  T-mobile told me to get insurance from them because it's the same exact coverage and only $99 for broken phone claim.  Well not to find out over a year later that it was all a freaking lie and it's actually $175.  What a bunch of liars.  Don't EVER trust t-mobile -_-.  We are now considering moving all our phones and services from T-mobile due to many issues not just this one but this pretty much broke the straw.

BYE BYE t-mobile liars.

• magentatechie

I'm confused- did you sign up for Samsung's care plan or T-Mobile's insurance through Assurant?  According to Samsung Premium Care: Support 24/7, Protection & Warranty | Samsung US , the deductible is $99.  What you are describing is closer to Assurant's deductible.

• omghi

I was going to go with the Samsung care plan but T-Mobile representative told me NOT to because it's the same with the JUMP from T-Mobile which is through Assurant.  A year later my wife's phone breaks and I was left with a big GOTCHA when I was told it's actually $175.  I blame myself for trusting a company I have been with many years. 

I obviously don't care about the $75 extra on such an expensive device.  It's the principle that such a misleading mistake could happen.  Had T-Mobile given me accurate information, I'm pretty sure I would have gotten the Samsung care plan not the JUMP with T-Mobile.