Branched from an earlier discussion.

Samsung S7 Call Quality Issues

magenta2644143

I have the same issue with my phone. The conversation starts decent and then they can't hear me anymore. Sometimes they can't hear me from the start. I have 2 boosters at home too.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Samsung S7 Call Quality Issues

Hey, magenta2644143! Sorry to hear you're having this trouble, it's got to be tough completing a call when you're not certain if the other person can hear you! I branched your post to its own thread in the hopes of getting it some attention from the Community. How long have you been having these issues with your S7? Which boosters are you using -- did you purchase one independently (there's typically one per account, so I was curious if you might have one of ours and your own)? Does this seem to happen when you move throughout your home, or when you're located in certain parts of your house is it better? Thanks!

- Marissa

• magenta2644143

Yes is pretty much impossible to have a conversation when they can't hear you. I had the Samsung 7 approximately for 6 months, since we switched service to Tmobile. We received 2 boosters from Tmobile. There does not seem to be a better spot in the house. The conversation starts and then it dies. Probably within 3 minutes. Thanks!

• tmo_marissa

Eek! Yeah, definitely not a lot that can be accomplished in a two and a half minute phone call. I noticed you said "we" -- does your family have more than one S7, or do you have different types of devices? If the latter, does the other person/people have the same issue, or is the problem exclusive to the S7?

- Marissa

• magenta2644143

He has Samsung Note 4 and he has no signal inside of the house. Even with the boosters

• tmo_marissa

Ah, gotcha! When you're inside, does the Note 4 user have the same issue with sound cutting out from the call within a few minutes of initiating it, or is it able to complete calls? Just trying to determine if the problem with call quality in an area where the booster is helping is isolated to the S7, or if both phones are having the same problem. Thanks!

- Marissa

• magenta2644143

He does not has signal in the house. It goes to E on the signal

• tmo_marissa

Hmmm... in that case, it doesn't sound like an issue with the S7, but a problem with coverage in your area overall. Does it seem to you that your boosters are working? Do you have high speed internet at home -- I'm wondering if a 4G LTE CellSpot might be a better fit for you!

- Marissa

• magenta2644143

The Boosters are on, but the reception is horrible. As mentioned, husband has an E on his phone and can't call, so maybe a 4G LTE CellSpot  might help him. As far as my phone, the S7, even when I am in other wi-fi connections it drops after a few minutes the connection. I can feel the phone getting warm, so maybe is overheating. I tried using an older Iphone 4S within the same WI-FI connection and it worked fine. Thanks