Is it compatible with its new 600MHz network

magenta2638786

I saw this article regarding the Note 8 will not be compatible with LTE Band 71, the new 600MHz frequency. Here's the link to the article I saw online T-Mobile customers: Don’t buy a Galaxy Note 8 – BGR . Can someone explain what this really means??? I want to order the Note 8 but if there's going to issues I want to know. Thanks!

All replies

• gramps28

The phone does not have band 71. As for whether you should buy it I would check to see when band 71 will be turned on in your area and if you have issue with your coverage.

If you travel frequent you may want to check to see if band 71 is in the locations you frequent.

The last thing is if you are one of the people who changes phones on a yearly basis and the above options don't matter to you then buy the phone if that's what you want.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • drnewcomb2

As gramps28 says, the only phone currently available with 600 MHz (band 71) is the LG-V30. If you are someone who takes good care of your phone and expects to use it for several years, I'd either get the V30 or hold off until other options become available. BTW, this includes all the recently announced new iPhones, none of which have band 71.

3 of 3 people found this helpful