Text Messages have no sound

rbryinc

All of a  sudden when I get a text message I do not get a notification sound.  All other sounds work fine, this just started out of nowhere

All replies

• Re: Text Messages have no sound

Which device are you using?

Are you using a custom ringtone or notification sound? Could be that the file is corrupt or is no longer in the same folder it used to be in. Perhaps some app that cleans your phone moved the file.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Re: Text Messages have no sound

That is the worst isn't it? snn_555 is on to something here. This actually happened to me once. My SD card where I had my custom ringtones died and I was like, whyyyyy?! Why can't I hear my sweet CTU (from 24) boooo booo beeee booo text tone! If you let us know what phone you are using, we can get you the steps for changing your SMS tone.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_marissa

Hiya, rbryinc! Just wanted to check in on your notification issue! Were you able to get to the bottom of this?

- Marissa

• tmo_marissa

Happy weekend, rbryinc! Just stopping by here to see how things were going with your text messages -- are they still operating in stealth mode, or were you able to get notifications chiming away again?

- Marissa

• rbryinc

Thanks, that was fixed, now a better issue.  I updated my S8+ with latest update.  Got my daughter in L.A Iphone 8+.  Whenever she calls me from her Apt I can not hear her.  If she calls my wife on S7 + no issues only me.  If she calls me from outside I hear her fine, only when she is in her apt and it is only me.  I have spoke to Tech at Tmobile, I have spoke to tech at Samsung, no one has any idea since they have never hear this issue before.  IT makes no sense that only when she calls from her Apt I can not hear her.  If I call her it works fine and I get text from her fine

• tmo_chris

That is an interesting new development! I am glad to hear your ringtone woes have been resolved though. As for the calling issue, my gut instinct wants to call this a network issue. While it has been few and far between, I have seen it where audio issues like this have been number specific. Our tech support team can for sure open up a call quality service ticket for this issue but since this is specific to one phone number, we will need some specific examples. You can call in on her behalf and provide the tech with her phone number. Let them know that she has one way audio when she calls your number only and give them at least 3 examples less than 24 hours old where she called you and you could not hear her. Please make note of the exact time/timezone as well as the date.