What is Error code KEYFORNF0009

magenta16231

I got logged out from my digits and when I was trying to request access again, it gave me that code KEYFORNF0009

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: What is Error code KEYFORNF0009

Would you mind to specify what device, what os, what DIGITS app version? Your information is too less to comment and diagnose.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • magenta16231

Ios my iphone 7+ I know it keeps looging havk in or crashes but this one is new to me, I even tried my other number which is tmobile as well & we are post paid

• debjitjdv

magenta16231

If I understand correctly, you are either in Simple Choice / T-Mo ONE plan, iPhone 7+. And although I requested, you never mentioned and hence I assume you are on iOS 10.3.3 and DIGITS app 1.1.7. The error you are seeing possibly due to a stale data in your device. Completely log out of the DIGITS app, uninstall it and then install it and relogin. Also, please make sure you check off the box while logging out of DIGITS app so that it wipes out any line data from your device in order to ensure that no stale data is remaining in your device. Next time you login, all your line data will be synced again.

Keep us posted.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Hello, magenta16231! Just wanted to touch base here and see if you'd had the opportunity to follow debjitjdv's suggestion here. Are you still seeing the error message, or did the troubleshooting above solve the problem? Let us know!

- Marissa

• robbiego

I have the same problem. I need to relink my number because once a week or so, DIGITS seems to "forget" my line. Very annoying. Unfortunately I find this app to be super buggy.

I am on 10.3.3. Will probably upgrade to 11 tonight. iPad Pro 10.5".

I tried to delete the app then restart the iPad and reinstall the app a couple of times but the KEYFORNF0009 error will not go away when trying to link the phone number.

• magenta16231

So I spoke w/  Tmo rep, they said it’s a new security thing with the beta app that you have to relink digits to your account, eventhough I have registered it. To do this, go to account, go to the specific line/# you want to use digits with then on that number click add myself

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_marissa

Hey, all! I wanted to follow up here as it looks like our Engineering team has isolated the root cause of this issue.

The error message you're seeing is related to updated password security requirements. Per the info we have, this error message will appear when logging in with a legacy password that doesn't meet current security requirements, and should be resolved if you update your password. Please let me know if you've tried that and are still having trouble!

- Marissa