Anyone excited about the new LG V30?

916-496-0723

I currently have the Ido 4s and I'm happy with it. It wasn't too expensive and but has the features I want the most. Speakers, Display, and Camera. I'm a media consumer and it's really is a nice phone for the price. I keep up with all the new phones coming out and none really excite me, until the V30. Speakers don't look the best but the with the upgrade in speed, wow. The display looks stunning. The price isn't out yet but it's going to be a flagship price. I'll have to wait a year maybe for the prices to drop so I'm saving up now. It's a beauty! Anyone? I do not work for LG btw, LOL.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Anyone excited about the new LG V30?

If I was in an area where the 600mhz was turned on I  would jump on this phone.

• Not really. Sounds nice but price tag and lack of area band 71 makes it a pass.

• gramps28

I go to Maine once a year and they just turned on band 71 there.

The phone I would stay away from is the new IPhones which lacks band 71.

• Good thing you don't have Verizon then. Verizon just turned off all services to Washington County Maine residents.

• Plus I think we really need to keep this band at 71 thing in perspective and realize that the timing that T-Mobile is working on with an accelerated pace versus when phones are actually developed and then released can vary widely. Most people are not going to benefit from band 71 for a very long time. So in that point finding a phone with band 71 support is probably not paramount.

in the next 1 to 2 flagship cycles I think you will see a benefit from 71 and then you will start seeing lower budget phones incorporate band 71 which will of course make it more popular and more widespread.

• gramps28

It depends on where you live and vacation plus don't you want all the bands that T-Mobile offers?

I live in the Chicagoland area and band 12 wasn't live for a while but when I upgraded my phone I surely

wanted band 12 so when I went to areas that had it live I could connect.

• See here's my perspective on bands.

My androids and my iPhones all use band four in my area that includes rural urban and suburban and pretty much everywhere from an open field to the only place I don't get signal is the middle of the state forest. And I'm OK with that. So all that to say I have no issue with getting a signal from T-Mobile anywhere I go in my region so band 71 Is not that important to me. But what I'm really trying to say is is that if you're waiting for band 71 support to get T-Mobile service then you're really only getting a third to half of the available signal anyway. So why get T-Mobile service if you have to have that one band to make it work?

now of course I welcome stronger longer range however until that day comes I have service everywhere I need it to be and that is why I am a customer. 

It almost falls into the same vein of everybody looking for a phone with band 66 just to get a sub section of band four.   I have yet to see any of my phones actually use band 66.

• tmo_marissa

Related image

• tidbits

After my G2 died, G3 bootlooped and exchanged twice due to it, G4 Bootlooped and got refund, and 5X on 4th exchange.  The company I work for and our staff are staying away from LG for awhile.  Even had trouble with the V10 and V20 as well.  So far there is only 1 person in our staff that has an LG, and he is waiting for us to order the Note 8's so he can move on.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                            • My non flagship Lg Stylo 3 Plus is still working!!!  

• tmo_marissa

I just can't get over the combo of pretty UI/fantastic camera features. I have to say I'm not loving the camera on this G6 as much as I loved the one on my V10, but that's probably to be expected given that the camera features are a distinguisher between the G line and V line. I used a G3 and G4 before I got the V10 and I don't think I could go back to Other Android, even if I might have had the issue you're referring to.

Our coverage here in the fair capital city where I live is fantastic -- there's a tower a few blocks from us, so the 600 MHz isn't really a draw for me, but I can see it coming in handy during road trips!

- Marissa

• magenta2767144

Does anyone know if they are releasing both v30 and v30plus edition?

• dc5fan

To all who made comments: Thank you! I have read very good info when I decide to update. Please remember I was a 13+ AT&T GoPhone customer. I feel like a "fresh water fish being placed in a salt water tank".  Believe me, I have seen this done.

• drnewcomb2

It's hard to get excited about a phone with so many $$$ attached. After all, does it do the laundry? Walk the dog? Change the oil in the car? It's just a phone for crying out loud! Technology is supposed to be getting cheaper not more expensive. 

• dc5fan

LOL! Excuse me as I pick myself off the floor! Since I have had service since 9/30 I am seeing more 4G LTE on my phone I guess I'm ok with my S5 (G900A). You're absolutely correct in your reply. Another one is if I bought a phone to update, mind you,  I jut bought my S5 4 months. I would be ordered to go sleep in the car, and leave it there. I live near Champaign/Urbana, Il. So with the UI T-Mo will keep service here pretty much good.

• snn555

Well now that you mention it I was at Lowe's yesterday looking at dishwashers and other home appliances and noticed that the refrigerator would give me video it would also show me the news the dishwasher could be operated by a wifi or the internet of things and I could check to make sure that the stove was on or off or remotely turn it on to preheat as well as set the washer and dryer to run if clothes were in there by on my phone so my $200 phone will do the laundry.

• mschuilwerve

Not too thriller with this phone so far. An app keeps opening by itself. Not sure What app it is, but it van be used for making sketches or Notes.

C470F8D2-CAFE-4714-AE74-657624CB84B8.jpeg

• snn555

That's quick memo / memo plus. Perhaps you're accidentally tappi g in in the notification bar quick toggles.

• mschuilwerve

The phone does it by itself. The screen is off and every 15 minutes or so it displays this app for about 10 seconds and then turns off again. It looks identical to the "Draw" app that is accessible when you use message and an attachment. It is one of the several apps you can open for attaching something to a message.

Called T-mobile and send the screen shot, but the Tech Support had not received of any similar issues. Told me to do a factory rest on this just out of the box phone.