LG G6 missed texts every day

mattesteron

Yup! Every day, I miss a text, up to 5 a few times.

I got the new LG G6 early summer. I previously had an LG G3 and loved it for the most part. I got a new phone because it crapped out one morning, wouldn't turn on, it was toasted. So hey, forced to get a new one! Since day 1, I've missed at least 1 text.

Long rant short: I've factory rebooted my phone, swapped sim cards twice, had wi-fi on and off, saved/deleted texts, nothing. I had my friends try to resend the text, it wouldn't work. Screencaps seem to work. I can miss texts during any time of the day. The texts can be lengthy or short. Swapped to using the Textra app, still missed them. Whenever I text them, they receive it every time.

The phone is working in literally perfect working conditions, except there's at least one text missing every day. My LG G3 was buggy after 4+ years, but only missed texts once every 3+ months. The G6 has been EVERY day. Since summer, I thought I could get used to it. But it makes me a little paranoid whenever I'm waiting for a response and I am getting tired of it. I thought about seeing if I can trade in my current phone for another LG G6. Or swapping entirely with a Samsung or something. But my wallet's a little empty.

Any idea's? Suggestions?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: LG G6 missed texts every day

Hey, mattesteron! Missing a few messages daily would be a huge inconvenience for anyone, but as a fellow G6 user, I have to say this post is especially frustrating to read. After a factory reset, SIM swap, checking Wi-Fi to see if the issue resolves itself on the network/off the network, deleting threads to start fresh -- there isn't much troubleshooting left to do!
        At any point during your troubleshooting (which is exhaustive, so kudos to you!) did you running the phone in Safe Mode immediately after a reset? That could help rule out for once and for all if the issue is with the device itself or with an app that's not playing nicely with your messaging app. I also wanted to ask if at any point you've filed a ticket with our tech team for the messaging issue -- you'd need to provide some example details (outgoing number, date, time stamp) of the messages you're missing, but then the engineering team could run a trace and see if there's any network problem that could be isolated. Have you ruled out both of those paths at this point?

- Marissa

• mattesteron

Hi @tmo_marissa

Thanks for the advice. I wanted to add as of now, I used my insurance to get a brand new LG G6 just in case it was a phone issue. I'm still having the same problems as if I never swapped phones. I'm convinced this is a network issue.

Where/how can I go file a ticket to a tech team?

I have plenty of screencaps and info that might help them.

Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_marissa

Whoa, that is a huge bummer -- I know that you've to run a gauntlet of troubleshooting, so it's awful to think that you did all of that, set up a fresh device, and are still right back where you started.

Our Care, Tech, or T-Force teams can file a trouble ticket. Care and Tech teams can be reached just by dialing 611, and T-Force is our social media team, who you can contact through DM to @tmobilehelp on Twitter, or by hitting the Message button on T-Mobile's Facebook page. Through those channels, we can securely verify the account and get a ticket filed. This should come up in our review while we're walking through a troubleshooting flow, but just in case -- please make sure to let our team know that you've already completed a master reset, replaced the device and SIM (twice, eek) with no change!

- Marissa

• magenta1538624

Same here with my LG G6, but on top of the missing texts, I'm not receiving calls very consistently.

Very stupidly I got this phone after a friend had these same exact issues on an LG G6 that he eventually traded in on a Samsung, which works flawlessly.

• tmo_marissa

Yowch, julieestone, this doesn't sound good either. What sort of troubleshooting steps have you completed thus far? Have you had a chance to reach out to one of our teams with account access and get a ticket filed yet?

- Marissa

• jodirubin0321

My daughter is having this problem on her G6 also and now I just switched from an S8 to a G7 and I'm having the same issue. The whole reason I was using the S8 was because after using all the G's from the 2 through 5 and having no trouble, I switched to a 6 and was losing texts. I was hoping the 7 would have had that bug fixed. Guess I'm gong back to Samsung!

• tmo_chris

Missing texts is no fun at all! I know that I personally use only about 10-50 min a month and over 1000 sms a month. The good news about SMS messages is we can track them on the network to see what happened with the delivery. If you could get a few examples of the missed texts for your lines and contact us with those examples, we can have our engineers look into what is causing this.

• tmo_chris

Hey mattesteron – Did you ever get a chance to open up a service ticket with our tech support teams?

julieestone – How are things going with your specific issues? Are you still unable to receive SMS and calls? Did you also get a service ticket filed?