Never gotten better in 4 years

unhappyjappy

Where do I even begin? This is a rant about my less than stellar service with TMobile since switching my business account and 4 lines over to them over 4 years ago. I keep hoping that something will change, that the service will improve, that TMobile will ACTUALLY do what they say they will do but here we are still at square one with a company who should have their sh*t together but doesn't. I am not implying that I have never spoken to competent customer service reps, I have they just haven't been competent at getting the things done that I have called or messaged in for. Things like, explaining why my monthly bill never goes down, why I have gotten charged for things that I don't even have on my account under the EIP which means I literally have to examine my bill every single month and compare to the month before to make sure I am not overcharged and that the EIP is tracking the correct monthly payments from it. I have had issues when trying to have a phone covered under the insurance plan, and to date they still have the wrong phone listed under one of my 3 lines. I have NEVER been able to access the TMobile app on my phone as the primary account holder to do anything but look at my bill even though the half dozen or so times I have called to have this corrected I am always assured it has been taken care of but nope, still not fixed. When paying off EIP balances I noticed that if you go in on your bill in mytmobile under EIP and click pay EIP in full it will actually bill you for one more month after that which makes no sense so each time I pay off an EIP I have to call to make sure that I get credited for the one extra month of payments. I recently decided to upgrade one of my lines from an S7 to a refurbished note 5. I had already paid off my S7 so I owned the phone, and all I wanted to do was upgrade to the note 5 and purchase the phone under EIP. I decided to trade my S7 back in for a credit of $102 which I would apply to my current EIP balance and was told it would be no problem and a smooth transaction. I would receive a shipping label with the new phone to send the S7 back to TMobile as a trade in, the credit would be applied and I would owe the balance of the note 5, simple right? WRONG!! I received the note 5 and not surprising there was NO SHIPPING LABEL so I got on messaging like I always do to make sure I have a record of my conversations with tmobile. Since September 7 I have spoken to 4 different customer service reps and a supervisor who assured me that they had emailed me the shipping label after I declined to make an extra trip to one of the stores to have them print one for me?? My work hours do not allow me time during their business hours to make an extra trip to a store, and it makes no sense at all why I would need them to print one for me anyway. So here it is 4 days later and I have again, been on messaging for 30 minutes to try and have someone send me the shipping label to my email and still not getting anywhere. I am beyond frustrated and at this point thoroughly disgusted that something so simple as a label cannot be handled in 4 days between 5 people at tmobile, it is ridiculous, to say the least and a total waste of time for any customer to have to go through. I have been kind enough to keep my opinions to myself over the years when talking to others about phone service but this was the last straw and even though I know this rant won't do any good I need to vent my frustration at the lack of giving a sh*t from tmobile who don't seem to care about getting things done for customers in a timely and convenient manner. I am shopping other companies and hoping ot move my business account as soon as possible. I hope other business customers don't have this much trouble or inconvenience with tmobile, our time is worth money too and it shoudl be a hell of a lot easier to do something like get a shipping label than this crap

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Never gotten better in 4 years

Maybe it's too early in the morning but I couldn't read a rant that ran on and should of had some type of indentation instead of being one big run on paragraph.

Sorry for my response but if you want help you need to make your issue easy to read.

• tmo_chris

Hey unhappyjappy,

I am very sorry to hear that you are having to go through so much trouble with your account  This is definitely not the kind of experience you should be having to deal with. I was able to read through your post and I wanted to make sure that I don't miss anything so I will try to address your concerns individually.

• High monthly bill - I totally understand it can be frustrating to expect to pay one price but then have to pay another. Would you be able to explain this one a bit further? Was there a specific feature you had on your account that you asked to have removed to lower your bill but your bill remained the same?

• Unauthorized EIP charges- I know you mentioned having to pay 1 extra month of an EIP plan after choosing the option to pay off an EIP in full. Is this the unauthorized EIP charges you are talking about? If so, there is a chance that the "Pay in full" price you saw when paying was reflecting the cost after your current month’s bill which would have the normal single installment of the EIP. Depending on when you opted to pay the EIP in full, the remaining balance can differ if you are in the middle of a billing cycle as we deduct from the remaining EIP cost each month and post that charge to your upcoming bill. For example, if your bill is due on the 15th of each month, your bill cycle closes a week or so earlier than that to allow you enough time to pay. If your bill cycle had already closed before opting to pay the EIP in full, that bill due on the 15th will have your normal monthly EIP charge on it already and the amount you saw when opting to pay in full was showing the amount you would have to pay after the current month’s bill.

• Insurance on one of the lines-  I was a bit confused on this one. Is your concern getting the insurance feature added to one of the lines on your account or is the insurance on the account but you are having issues filing a claim?

• Unable to access T-Mobile app - What specifically happens when you try to log into the T-Mobile app using your primary number? Do you remember setting your line as the primary account holder when you first registered for my.t-mobile.com?

• S7 trade in credit supposed apply toward remaining EIP did not receive shipping label - I know it has been a few days since you last posted and you were actively working with our customer care team to get a shipping label sent to you but did you ever receive this shipping label? 
            • tmo_lauren

(I also like your name)

I just wanted to check in and see if you had a response for the questions Chris asked above! As mentioned in the comment above mine, this is definitely a great post and something we'd like to see what we can do with.

Thanks!

-Lauren

• unhappyjappy

Thank you for responding to my rant, It was more venting and blowing off frustration than trying to get any kind of resolve. Over the years I have grown accustomed to just paying the bill and letting the issues go as it isn't worth the wasted time I have spent. It took me a total of 3 customer service reps and one supervisor plus one more phone call after the reassurance that the label would be mailed for me to actually get the shipping label emailed to me. No matter what the excuse is nobody should have to go through so much hassle for something so simple. If I could bill TM my time spent trying to resolve issues, maybe things would work a bit smoother on TM's end of things? Since my post, I have had issues with my new Note 5 phone and get a sim card error constantly to the point that my phone is shutting off and restarting a minimum of 10 times a day. I was told it would be no problem to put my existing sim card into the note 5 but not surprisingly, it is a problem. I honestly don't have the time to put in another 2-hour call to TM to try and fix the problem how sad is that? I know that is what I have to block out of my schedule to get the job done which takes me away from working and costs me money. I have not even had the time to really shop around for a different plan which is sad too because I would move in a heartbeat and will be doing so when I find a different plan and carrier. My entire experience since switching has left me with a sour taste for TM and given me nothing but headaches, to say the least. As far as the mobile app when I log in and try to do anything it tells me that I have to be the primary account holder to proceed and like I said I have called multiple times to remedy this but it has never changed on my end to where I can do anything on the app but see my bill. While I appreciate your taking the time to try and address my rant I hope you can understand that I have heard it so many times from so many reps who tell me they can help and that things are going to be fixed but nothing changes. It makes it hard as a customer to place any trust into what is said no matter how good it sounds, this is what my personal experiences have left me with, unfortunately. I don't know what it will take to have TM change the way they help customers to make things more efficient and reduce the amount of frustration and errors but for me, a change cannot come soon enough. I appreciate the reps who do their best and put forth an honest effort maybe it is the system that is so flawed, who knows but either way I know I cannot be the only business customer with these kind of frustrations and I am sure we would all be grateful for some kind of relief from wasting so much of our valuable time, we don;t get compensated for the lost time but it doesn't seem right that we have to eat it either and still be left with no better situation than when we started. Thank you again for responding and I would love to change my name to Happy Jappy, just sayin

• tmo_chris

Hey unhappyjappy,

The last thing we want if for you to have a bad taste in your mouth I know you just posted this yesterday but have you received your email shipping label yet?

As for the Note 5 SIM card error, it is possible that you would need a new SIM card especially if your existing sim card is older. When you got the note 5, there should have been a new SIM card in the box. Did you still have this fresh SIM card? If so, our T-Force team on Facebook or Twitter can get this switched out for you rather quickly.

As for still not being able to have full access in the T-Mobile App, it sounds like we just need to update the PAH on our side. This is also something that our T-Force team can do for you super quick. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can message them using the links in my signature.

• unhappyjappy

Thank you again for the reply and advice. I will try to call you guys today when I  have time to fix the sim card problem. As of today I have a new issue, surprise surprise. When I upgraded my phone I was told that shipping would be covered and did not need to pay anything else as it was going on my EIP. Well, I find out that I was charged $25 to my card for shipping and now I see my bill is up another $52 so that is an additional $77 I was told WOULD NOT be charged!! This is what I am talking about when I say my bill is a surprise and what TM Reps tell customers is not true! So now I get to yet again waste more time fixing a problem that was told would not be happening in the first place, see my dilemma? No matter who I talk too or about what, it always sounds good like things are taken care of then it never fails that it ends up being wrong and I get to spend twice as much time fixing it. I am beyond frustrated right now you have no idea, this new problem is exactly what my first rant was about, I am at my wit's end and have ZERO faith that TM does actually care about their customers this is ridiculous!

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry unhappyjappy I think the best course of action here is for you to reach out to our T-Force team on Facebook or Twitter using the links in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and see exactly what is going on here.

• unhappyjappy

Spent another hour last night on the phone with TM technical help then was transferred to Samsung directly for help with my sim card issue. My phone worked for about 30 minutes after I got off the call and then shut off again and continues cycling every time the phone restarts saying my sim card has been removed and it needs to restart. I have no other phone to call in again so have been without my phone all day and not sure what to do now. Still no resolve on the additional billing charges and I am without a working phone any  suggestions now?

• unhappyjappy

One more thing, I have already tried contacting through the message us link for chat and have twice now been on wait for any reply for over 20 minutes each time with no response from an Agent

• barcodeable

UnhappyJappy (first off) I like your name

But I rather enjoyed reading your rant because I have experienced similar problems in the past. Business accounts may function differently than the regular accounts so I can't speak upon issues on the business side of things.

With my basic account, on the billing page- it shows my current bill and my previous bill, and if there is a difference in price or any changes made to my account it clearly shows what has changed. For instance, this month T-Mobile made a change to my account from "Family Stateside International Prom" to "Family Stateside International Promo".  Only thing that changed was they added an "o" to make the word "promo" that was previously incompletely spelled. Im unsure if you have seen this on your billing page

as for the EIP extra billing, I have always been upset regarding T-Mobile practices in this area. Each time I talked to someone with T-Mobile i was given an intelligent explanation that I still could not relate to my account. If I have an EIP for a phone for lets say $750 dollars + tax. I pay taxes upfront and whatever down payment is required and if there is $600 that is due and I pay this $600 dollars I will still get charged one more payment. I never demanded money back because I was told due to my billing cycle being on the 15th in the middle of the month. I think I have been overcharged for each of my EIP's. Im currently in an EIP now, and if i contact a tmobile rep and ask what is the payoff amount and if they tell me $250 dollars.... and i pay this $250 amount they tell me i owe, after i pay this amount i will still get charged for an additional month for the EIP.

I bought an phone with tmobile and i needed to return it for whatever reason.... i think it wasnt the model i ordered. I was given an apology and was told to use the shipping envelope inside to ship it back. I confirmed the address, they gave me some sort of shipping confirmation number. I mailed it to the address but i never received the credit for returning the phone. I was told I shipped it to the wrong address...lol... and that's why there is a delay in my refund. Then weeks later they claim there is a confirmation the package was delivered but they can't find the phone due to me shipping it to the Assurance facility and not to the T-Mobile Return Facility..... nevertheles, they finally did refund my money.

As i said, not sure if the bussiness accounts are similar to regular accounts... but if you go into your account via the T-mobile website, if you go into the profile of each account you can change and grant yourself permission to make changes. I made a mistake several months ago and removed myself as the primary on my own line and had to contact customer service to add me back.

Your rant is very much needed because many other customers have the same gripe as you. Without such a great post, issues like these will never be addressed .

• tmo_lauren

Oi, that's not good. Have you tried T-Force via FB or Twitter in our signatures as Chris suggested earlier?

-Lauren

• unhappyjappy

Finally reached an Agent on the message us feature and after 3 hours of working with them, I again was reassured that my phone was going to be good to go after another reset and Sim Card registration. Phone still shuts off and says the sim card has been removed but now its only doing it about 10 times a day instead of 50. Billing charges did not get resolved and found out I was also charged another $25 to my credit card for something from June of 2016. She could not tell me what it was for and even though the charge was unauthorized by me and no notice was even given by TM that they were going to take the charges on my card, she couldnt refund me and said she opened a ticket. I have not heard anything about it yet and have no idea where to chekck the status of it.

My experience with TM just gets better and better!