Someone using my old number! help!

noelnguyen

My husband and I just went on the same plan, and he changed his number. The person using his old number has been responding to texts and making plans with other people pretending to be him. Not only that but she has logged into his  social media accounts and changed his password. I was able to retrieve my Facebook, but how far is she going to go? He has already called her to tell her to stop, and she continues to do this. We contacted T-mobile care, and after talking to them, they told us there is nothing they can do and for us to just continue to tell her to stop. Does ANYONE know what else we can do at this point? We are worried she could steal his identity by doing this. We want to stop this before it gets worse. 

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Someone using my old number! help!

Did your husband tell his contacts that he changed his number?

Also if he had his old number linked to any accounts and didn't change the settings in those accounts

they're going to send any messages to the old number and this person .

• noelnguyen

He has sent out a message to everyone that he changed his number. The majority of people know that he has changed it. We do not know how many people have tried to contact him, what she has said or written to them. There is no way that he can be sure that everyone he has been in contact with has changed his number. He changed the settings on his social media, and accounts now but the point is that she is that she attempted to log into his accounts, change his passwords, and continues to respond to texts impersonating him.

• noelnguyen

He has sent out a message to everyone that he changed his number. The majority of people know that he has changed it. We do not know how many people have tried to contact him, what she has said or written to them. There is no way that he can be sure that everyone he has been in contact with has changed his number. He changed the settings on his social media, and accounts now but the point is that she is that she attempted to log into his accounts, change his passwords, and continues to respond to texts impersonating him.

• This most likely falls under communications harassment. The police are here you need to speak to regarding this matter since you know who it is.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • tmo_lauren

Oh man, that's awful. I've not really ever run into someone doing such a thing, that's just plain awful.

Unfortunately, as the carrier there isn't much we can do as the number belongs to someone else now. That said, you may want to explore your options with local law enforcement to see if they have any options. I am so sorry this is happening to you and I wish there was more we could do.

-Lauren