Not able to access internet while voice call is going on

rajtujare

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 phone, now a days i am facing problem on my phone.

I am not able to access internet while voice call is going on/ call is in progress.

i found this when i was using Webex, my phone shows below msg:

Network restrictions

Due to your network restrictions, you cannot view the meeting presentation while  you are on a phone call. to view the presentation and listen to the meeting at the same time, please hang up and connect using the Internet.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, rajtujare. I can't imagine that this was a fun surprise! Has this problem happened since? Are you having trouble connecting to the web while you're on a normal voice call, or is it just with WebEx? Are you dialing in to conferences directly, or are you using the WebEx app? Your post makes it seem like this is the case, but just to clarify -- this worked previously and has recently become a problem, right?

- Marissa

• rajtujare

Yes, it worked previously and has recently become a problem.

I am having trouble connecting to the web while i am on a normal voice call.

but i found it while i was using WebEx using WebEx app.

• magenta3711814

Piggybacking on the original issue.... All of our lines have began experiencing this same issue as of about a month ago. The functionality continuously gets worse. At first pages and text message (MMS included) were slow to load or send while using voice services. Now it is completely non-existent as if the service is not available or throttled while in use. This is so frustrating!!! This problem is still occurring. Although speeds have improved after some troubleshooting from 12/29-12/31 we still are not able to use other services (data) while on a voice call. I know this feature was previously available because we used to give our friends on Sprint services slack because they would always have to hang up to receive messages when anyone tried to send while on the call. Sprint was kind enough to be honest and let their customers know that it was due to an upgrade performed that caused this feature to no longer work but that they were in the process of upgrading their towers several months back to include this functionality again. What is going on? It is extremely frustrating to have to end a call just to use the browser or send a SMS/MMS message.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to stop by and see if you'd managed to solve this! If not, do you mind taking a look at the questions above and filling in some details for us? Thank you!

- Marissa

• parikh10020

I am having the same problem. Per support team, T-Mobile has blocked this in New York. This is cheating customers without informing them they are not allowing to browse the internet when you are on voice call. I have been working with customer support for almost a week with no resolution so far. All T-Mobile Customers in New York should open a ticket and file a complain with FTC. I have two tickets already opened with T-Mobile Customer Support.

• rajtujare

Hi Marissa,

It happens on every call. It is not related to third party app and it is also not related to signal strength. When I am on call directly my internet connection get lost, I am not able to open any internet site even internet symbol also gets lost on my phone.

When I am using Wi-fi on my phone that time I can use internet when the call is going on.

• parikh10020

Seems like T-Mobile Rep and T-Mobile Customer Service has no solution to your problem and my problems and problems all New Yorker are facing related to not able to browse Internet when they are on a voice call.

rajtujare - Please file a complaint with FTC. I have filed a complaint and more complaints are on the way. This is called deceptive practices...cheating customers without officially informing customers about this practice.

• tmo_marissa

Thank you for the additional details, rajtujare and parikh10020. I am not able to find any internal information supporting that a network change has blocked this functionality -- we have made some network upgrades in many areas, but the Network upgrades from U1900 to LTE were completed in NY some time ago, and would render impacted devices 2G only, so the difficulty accessing data would occur whether or not you were on a call. What sort of network changes were the support team you spoke with referencing? Was this our Tech team over the phone who made this advisement?
                      parikh10020, have you had any updates on the tickets that were filed?

- Marissa

• parikh10020

Marissa, No resolution yet from T-Mobile Customer Service. Interesting results based on today's testing. I used my simcard into another device- iphone and was able to use the internet when on voice call. I used the sim card from iphone device (not my sim card but another T-Mobile simcard) and used on my Samsung Note 4 device; was not able to use internet with this sim card. Seems like somehow the network is restricted on a particular device.

rajtujare What device are you using?

• tmo_marissa

That is interesting, parikh10020! Definitely makes it seem like a network issue, so the ticket is the right way to go.
                              rajtujare advised in the original post that they're using a Galaxy S4. Have you had a chance to contact our tech team and get a ticket filed as well, rajtujare?
                              Please keep us posted on results!

- Marissa

• dragon1562

Was the s4 ported over from another carrier? Sprint for example doesn't allow you to stream data and place calls at the same time due to network restrictions. Also there is nothing deceptive about this. I get why you are frustrated but whoever you spoke with originally fed you incorrect information.

Anyway to be clear this is not network specific but a phone issue. If I had to take a educated guess on why this is happening its probably due to the device not supporting the T-mobile network fully. Compounded with the fact that the device has lost support some time ago related to updates. As a fix you could try looking into apn settings and making sure they are still proper.

1 of 1 people found this helpful