Adding Netflix

magenta2570459

Netflix added. I was assured that I could keep my existing Netflix account with my queue and viewing history. However, it did not go that way when I registered. I was sent a link from T Mobile. After clicking it, I was given the option to create a new Netflix account with a different email or skip the offer and log in to Netflix. So I created the new Netflix account which shows T Mobile as the bill payer. However, I still have my old account with my movie queue and original payment setup. So now I have to cancel this and lose my movie list. Where did I go wrong? T Mobile never asked for my original Netflix account info. How do they expect this to work?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Adding Netflix

If I remember the announcement correctly you were supposed to log into your existing Netflix account and for the payment Tmobile was supposed to give you a redemption code. 

I sort of lost interest when I saw my plan wasn't included.

• tidbits

It's not a redemption code.  They pay Netflix directly.  Now if you got the larger plan then T-Mobile will pay it but you pay the difference from what I have read in the FAQ.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • gramps28

I thought you had to put in a redemption code that directed the payment to Tmobile.

Like I said I lost interest.

• tidbits

gramps28 wrote:

I thought you had to put in a redemption code that directed the payment to Tmobile.

Like I said I lost interest.

Netflix On Us 

Probably best to show people this

The language in the answer to the question shows no redemption code just T-Mobile pays netflix.

Is there an option to upgrade to a Netflix premium plan?

Yes. If you need to stream to more devices, you can upgrade to aNetflix premium plan. First, make sure you opt-in to the T-Mobile ONE with Netflix feature (see Getting your Netflix subscription on us steps listed above), then you can go to Netflix and upgrade to a premium plan. If you already have a Netflix premium plan when you opt-in, you'll see the price difference between the two plans on your T-Mobile bill in 1-2 billing cycles. We'll pay Netflix for your subscription, but you'll pay us the difference through your T-Mobile bill.

• mimccu

Correct, there is no redemption code although some T-Mobile reps describe it that way.

If you have an existing NetFlix account, don't try to use the mobile app.  Login to My T-Mobile on a PC browser and go to Plan (Plans and Services).  At the top, there is an Account section which is not available on the mobile app.  Expand Family and Entertainment under the Account section and click on "Manage Netflix".  This will take you to a NetFlix login in which there will be a link to login with an existing account.

The above assumes you have already changed your plan to the T-Mobile One plan type that can add NetFlix.  I called a T-Mobile rep to get that part done and waited until the next billing cycle to get the plan moved over.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • gravi2

I tried to do this with my line and looks like they want me to first enable the Family Allowance that shows $5/month charge. So I am a bit confused. Are they charging us $5/month for Family allowance service and then paying Netflix $9.99/month? Or is the $5/month waived too? 

• tidbits

gravi2 wrote:

I tried to do this with my line and looks like they want me to first enable the Family Allowance that shows $5/month charge. So I am a bit confused. Are they charging us $5/month for Family allowance service and then paying Netflix $9.99/month? Or is the $5/month waived too?

It's supposed to come with it so I would assume it would be waived.

• magenta2651537

I'd like to know why T-Mobile says you're qualified if you have T-Mobile one but when I called they told me I don't qualify since I was on the 2 lines for 100 promotion and I'd have to down grade and pay 30 bucks more the the 2 lines for 130 to get it? It really upset me to hear that like why say T-Mobile one if you want folks to pay more to get free Netflix? That's not a deal nor is it saving me money

• gramps28

The Tmobile One promotional plans aren't included if you were to read the qualifications.

• barcodeable

there are many exceptions and provisions to the Netflix promotion. I'm sorry to say the 2 for $100 Plan was not factored in with this awesome deal.

I am shocked that T-Mobile didn't even include another feature into this deal. They could of actually added the T-Mobile Customers that don't qualify for this Netflix Promo by allowing those who already have Netflix or for those who don't have Netflix yet be charged the full price of $9.99 on our bill, and the extra $2 if they have the premium package. Eventhough I wouldnt be saving any $$$$, there would be one less bill i would be concerned about if my Netflix bill was merged with my cell phone bill.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta2570459! I'm so sorry to read that it sounds like the language on the site wasn't clear -- you should have been able to log in to your existing account, at which point the billing for that account would be transferred to T-Mobile and an offsetting credit would appear on your bill to cover the (standard) charge. If you're not interested in setting your preferences and watch list back up (and I don't blame you -- with four profiles on our Netflix account, I wouldn't want to do that either!) we do have an internal escalation process that we can use to resolve this. It does take a little time, as it involves having a representative pass your information to an offline team, but ultimately if that's easier, then please Contact Us so that we can get that process rolling.

gravi2, good question! The Family Allowances service is included in this deal *also* for free, so you'll see both services and then a credit that covers them.

Also, for anyone else looking to add Netflix On Us to their account, you can check out this link for all the details. Netflix On Us

- Marissa

• magenta2802875

despite what it may say here, you cannot sign up using an existing netflix account. attempting to do so will get you a message telling you to sign up using an email address that is different from your existing account. i don't want to lose my history and ratings, so i may not take the freebie. it's a nice perk for those who don't already have netflix, though.

• tidbits

I have added my Netflix account to it.  I had no trouble whatsoever.

• magenta2802875

it took a while for me to track down the issue, but i finally found it on the netflix billing FAQ.

"If you have a Netflix DVD account, you must use a different email address when signing up for a streaming account to be billed by T-Mobile. You will not be able to retain your streaming history on this new account."

my existing netflix account was both streaming and DVD's...and it's the DVD part that prevents me from using my existing account.

now i have to decide if i'm willing to lose all my ratings info and history by changing, or if i'm willing to continue to pay for streaming.

• tmo_marissa

Oh, good catch, magenta2802875! Thank you for calling that out here, and my apologies that we didn't find that limitation bullet point for you!
                                            I can see how that's a tough choice to make, especially if you've had the existing account for a long time -- but it is nice to know that there's a reason it wasn't working intuitively.

• magenta3959726

Same thing happened to me. I tried to set it up in November and have still been billed every month since  by Netflix.

• tmo_marissa

magenta3959726, thanks for posting! We'll need to have you contact a team with account access so that we can get to the bottom of this. Right now there is a known issue with Netflix continuing to bill for a small number of Special account types; so if you're a dealer or contractor that may be the case, but there are resolution steps our reps can follow to determine if those steps are necessary or if there's another way we need to resolve this for you. Please Contact Us -- either our Care or T-Force team can consult internal document number 436105 to get to the bottom of this for you!

• magenta3330136

Horrible system. Thinking I would spend some weekend time watching Netflix, I instead have  spent it on the phone with T Mobile "support." They say my Netflix and T Mobile accounts are connected, but Netlix has no record of it. I decided to save my Saturday and pay for Netflix. Fix this, T Mobile! Angry 5-line customer.

• tmo_marissa

Oh no, magenta3330136! I'm sorry about the delay in reply here, and doubly sorry to read that we couldn't get this figured out for you! Which method were you using to connect Netflix On Us? Were you getting an error message of some kind? I know we have a few different resolution options and even some escalation steps; so if you can let me know where in the process you were running into trouble I'm happy to offer some troubleshooting tips! We don't want you paying for Netflix if you're qualified to add it for free!

- Marissa

• magenta3330136

T Mobile sends a text saying "you have been hooked up with streaming video" and a link. The link leads to T Mobile page which says "Thanks for signing up with Netflix! You now have Netflix on us!"
                                                  There is no info on how to log in, how to pay, how to link T Mobile to my existing Netflix account.

• tidbits

• tmo_marissa

The processes I was thinking of are outlined in the link that tidbits shared below, magenta3330136. It sounds like what you're walking through is a bit different -- do you still have a copy of that message? Would you be able to provide the link that was included?

• magenta3330136

Sent from my iPhone

• magenta3330136

I can't upload the image of the text. The text reads: "You have been hooked up with streaming video! Visit t-mo.co/streaming to start your membership on us!" The link leads me to log in to my T Mobile account and the page reads "Hi caroline. Good news! Your T Mobile ONE plan comes with even more perks

Thanks for signing up with Netflix! You officially have Netflix on us! If you can't remember the email you used to register for Netflix, recover it here."

Not a lot of information but a lot of exclamation marks.

• tmo_marissa

"Not a lot of information but a lot of exclamation marks" is the kind of feedback I take to heart personally. :/ You're right, that doesn't sound very informative. After that, did you click the link to "recover" your Netflix email (not that I think you'd have needed to, but I'm just curious as to what happens next if you do)? I'd like to make sure we're giving a full picture back to the Netflix On Us team about how we could improve this experience going forward, so honestly, any information that you have time to share is helpful!

• magenta3330136

Hi, it says "Welcome back!" Sign in to your Netflix account. Email address ********

BTW, I have Netflix, because I am paying for it. That was (or at least I intended it to be) my original question. Netlfix says my account is not linked to T Mobile nor do they have anything indicating that T Mobile is paying for it.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta3330136 -- I know it's been some time since your original post here, but I wanted to check back in with you. If you're still having trouble linking your Netflix account to the Netflix On Us subscription, can you reach out to a team with account access and ask them to walk through internal document number 436105 so that we can figure out what's happening here? We don't want you missing out on this benefit -- if you've activated the feature on your account and you're still being billed separately by Netflix, then you're spending too much money and we want to straighten it out for you!