Adding Netflix

magenta2570459

Netflix added. I was assured that I could keep my existing Netflix account with my queue and viewing history. However, it did not go that way when I registered. I was sent a link from T Mobile. After clicking it, I was given the option to create a new Netflix account with a different email or skip the offer and log in to Netflix. So I created the new Netflix account which shows T Mobile as the bill payer. However, I still have my old account with my movie queue and original payment setup. So now I have to cancel this and lose my movie list. Where did I go wrong? T Mobile never asked for my original Netflix account info. How do they expect this to work?

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Adding Netflix

If I remember the announcement correctly you were supposed to log into your existing Netflix account and for the payment Tmobile was supposed to give you a redemption code. 

I sort of lost interest when I saw my plan wasn't included.

• tidbits

It's not a redemption code.  They pay Netflix directly.  Now if you got the larger plan then T-Mobile will pay it but you pay the difference from what I have read in the FAQ.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • gramps28

I thought you had to put in a redemption code that directed the payment to Tmobile.

Like I said I lost interest.

• tidbits

gramps28 wrote:

I thought you had to put in a redemption code that directed the payment to Tmobile.

Like I said I lost interest.

Netflix On Us 

Probably best to show people this

The language in the answer to the question shows no redemption code just T-Mobile pays netflix.

Is there an option to upgrade to a Netflix premium plan?

Yes. If you need to stream to more devices, you can upgrade to aNetflix premium plan. First, make sure you opt-in to the T-Mobile ONE with Netflix feature (see Getting your Netflix subscription on us steps listed above), then you can go to Netflix and upgrade to a premium plan. If you already have a Netflix premium plan when you opt-in, you'll see the price difference between the two plans on your T-Mobile bill in 1-2 billing cycles. We'll pay Netflix for your subscription, but you'll pay us the difference through your T-Mobile bill.

• gravi2

I tried to do this with my line and looks like they want me to first enable the Family Allowance that shows $5/month charge. So I am a bit confused. Are they charging us $5/month for Family allowance service and then paying Netflix $9.99/month? Or is the $5/month waived too? 

• tidbits

gravi2 wrote:

I tried to do this with my line and looks like they want me to first enable the Family Allowance that shows $5/month charge. So I am a bit confused. Are they charging us $5/month for Family allowance service and then paying Netflix $9.99/month? Or is the $5/month waived too?

It's supposed to come with it so I would assume it would be waived.

• magenta2651537

I'd like to know why T-Mobile says you're qualified if you have T-Mobile one but when I called they told me I don't qualify since I was on the 2 lines for 100 promotion and I'd have to down grade and pay 30 bucks more the the 2 lines for 130 to get it? It really upset me to hear that like why say T-Mobile one if you want folks to pay more to get free Netflix? That's not a deal nor is it saving me money

• gramps28

The Tmobile One promotional plans aren't included if you were to read the qualifications.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • barcodeable

there are many exceptions and provisions to the Netflix promotion. I'm sorry to say the 2 for $100 Plan was not factored in with this awesome deal.

I am shocked that T-Mobile didn't even include another feature into this deal. They could of actually added the T-Mobile Customers that don't qualify for this Netflix Promo by allowing those who already have Netflix or for those who don't have Netflix yet be charged the full price of $9.99 on our bill, and the extra $2 if they have the premium package. Eventhough I wouldnt be saving any $$$$, there would be one less bill i would be concerned about if my Netflix bill was merged with my cell phone bill.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta2570459! I'm so sorry to read that it sounds like the language on the site wasn't clear -- you should have been able to log in to your existing account, at which point the billing for that account would be transferred to T-Mobile and an offsetting credit would appear on your bill to cover the (standard) charge. If you're not interested in setting your preferences and watch list back up (and I don't blame you -- with four profiles on our Netflix account, I wouldn't want to do that either!) we do have an internal escalation process that we can use to resolve this. It does take a little time, as it involves having a representative pass your information to an offline team, but ultimately if that's easier, then please Contact Us so that we can get that process rolling.

gravi2, good question! The Family Allowances service is included in this deal *also* for free, so you'll see both services and then a credit that covers them.

- Marissa

• magenta2802875

despite what it may say here, you cannot sign up using an existing netflix account. attempting to do so will get you a message telling you to sign up using an email address that is different from your existing account. i don't want to lose my history and ratings, so i may not take the freebie. it's a nice perk for those who don't already have netflix, though.

• tidbits

I have added my Netflix account to it.  I had no trouble whatsoever.

• magenta2802875

it took a while for me to track down the issue, but i finally found it on the netflix billing FAQ.

"If you have a Netflix DVD account, you must use a different email address when signing up for a streaming account to be billed by T-Mobile. You will not be able to retain your streaming history on this new account."

my existing netflix account was both streaming and DVD's...and it's the DVD part that prevents me from using my existing account.

now i have to decide if i'm willing to lose all my ratings info and history by changing, or if i'm willing to continue to pay for streaming.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                        • tmo_marissa

Oh, good catch, magenta2802875! Thank you for calling that out here, and my apologies that we didn't find that limitation bullet point for you!
                                          I can see how that's a tough choice to make, especially if you've had the existing account for a long time -- but it is nice to know that there's a reason it wasn't working intuitively.