Apple Watch series 3 with Simple Choice?

magenta2633452

I'd like to get the new Apple Watch Series 3 (with LTE) and add it my account. Can I do this if I'm still on a Simple Choice plan, or will I be required to switch to the One plan? Thanks.

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2633452!

Good call on the Series 3 watch! You're fine being on the Simple Choice or the T-Mobile One plan. In order for your watch to function on LTE, you'll need to set-up a Data with paired DIGITS line. If you don't have one, that's okay because we have a promo going on which provides the line for free for 3 months. If you already have a Data with paired DIGITS line, then you can activate your watch on that line.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

• chyrp

Re: Apple Watch series 3 with Simple Choice?

I too have a simple choice plan. I have phoned T-Mobile customer service about DIGITS and the Apple watch series 3 and have been told that I would not have to use DIGITS in order for my watch to work properly.  Are you saying that to receive calls on my watch, I would have to use DIGITS or are you saying that to get the $30 promo, I have to use DIGITS?  I have absolutely no desire to use DIGITS; I do not need to receive phone calls on my iPad.  I do, however, want the ability to receive phone calls to my cell number on my watch.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, chyrp!

Without a DIGITS line for your Apple Watch, your Series 3 Watch will work similar to my original Apple Watch - via Bluetooth only. That means that the watch will not be able to function on its own if you're outside of Bluetooth range. I'm able to answer calls via Bluetooth on my watch as long as my phone is within range. Is there a specific reason that you're opposed to using DIGITS?

• tidbits

chyrp wrote:

I do, however, want the ability to receive phone calls to my cell number on my watch.

This requires Digits to receive calls on your watch with your cell number.  You can do it without digits only when you are connected VIA bluetooth to your phone, but once you move away from your phone and drop bluetooth you would not have your calls using your number come in.