T-Mobile Service Started To Not Work

nutterjk

Hello,

I recently signed on to T-Mobile on 09/08/2017. Everything was fine for a couple of days, then suddenly I started to not get service. It happened once at my house and keeps happening at my job. At home I would have full bars with the LTE symbol, then out of nowhere it went to full bars with no symbol. I contacted T-Mobile and they reset my data and it fixed it for a little bit. At work, initially I had service, then it would go to full bars with an H+, then full bars with an R, then full bars with no symbol. When I first got the service, I could send and receive texts and emails, as well as use internet services. I know it works at my job because I have done it before, even though service isn't great out here. Now I can not do any of that no matter how much I mess with the settings. This is very frustrating and I want to give T-Mobile a chance without having to switch back to my previous carrier. If anyone has any information on this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

All replies

• tidbits

Re: T-Mobile Service Started To Not Work

what device are you using and also do you know anyone else in your area that uses T-Mobile and see how their reception is.  The problem might not be the network and could very well be the phone. Need more info to troubleshoot.

• nutterjk

I'm am using the Note 8. The phone having a defect has definitely crossed my mind.

• tidbits

nutterjk wrote:

I'm am using the Note 8. The phone having a defect has definitely crossed my mind.

Too bad they are not in stores yet.  Would be good to test out their demo phone and see if the problem still happens.  If it does then it's probably you sim, but if it doesn't then it's the device.

They are backed up so it'll probably be hard to get exchanges at this moment. 

• nutterjk

Yeah, this weekend I'm going to go to a store and see if a different SIM works. I had better data service with straight talk and I'd rather not go back to them.

• tidbits

nutterjk wrote:

Yeah, this weekend I'm going to go to a store and see if a different SIM works. I had better data service with straight talk and I'd rather not go back to them.

still won't negate it could be a phone problem.  Try it in another phone a see what happens when you are there just to eliminate the device itself being the problem.  Maybe try someone elses sim in your phone and compare.  This is one of the reasons why I keep a spare to troubleshoot at home.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • magenta2632260

T-Mobile completely failed during Irma in South Florida.  Verizon and AT&T seem to have been unaffected with full voice/data/text services.  T-Mobile phones showed "No Signal".  100% failure.  No backup power at cell sites.  As much as I've loved T-Mobile with the features and services, I will likely have to leave as I need something I can rely on and clearly that is not T-Mobile.  Really sad that they shut down completely when people needed them most. 

• tidbits

magenta2632260 wrote:

T-Mobile completely failed during Irma in South Florida. Verizon and AT&T seem to have been unaffected with full voice/data/text services. T-Mobile phones showed "No Signal". 100% failure. No backup power at cell sites. As much as I've loved T-Mobile with the features and services, I will likely have to leave as I need something I can rely on and clearly that is not T-Mobile. Really sad that they shut down completely when people needed them most.

With 45-65% profit margins it better not fail... 

Anyway they use these things called COWS which are great, HOWEVER very expensive to deploy them.  Also there was a SOE issued, and roaming should have been enabled for everyone to connect to the best signal regardless of carrier.  Seems like someone didn't comply or you had roaming turned off.

1 of 1 people found this helpful