Unlocking Phone

colonjose91

I tried unlocking my Galaxy S8, but it keeps saying I'm not able to. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate it. I've never had an issue unlocking a phone before. Here are the events that took place:

I bought a Galaxy S8 from T-Mobile and set it on an installment plan. Before I completely paid it off, I dropped it and cracked the screen. I had Samsung premium so they sent me a new one. It had a different IMEI # on it (just the last digit, every other number was identical). I paid off the Installment plan and then tried unlocking the phone (with the SIM card in it) about a week later and it wouldn't allow it. Now I have a Galaxy Note 8.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Unlocking Phone

The new imei# probably isn't in T-Mobile's data base so you will need to contact T-Force to get the imei# added to get it unlocked.

You can contact T-Force through facebook or twitter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Welcome, colonjose91! I just wanted to echo gramps28's advice here -- exchange equipment provided by the manufacturer directly often has an IMEI that isn't listed in our internal database of equipment that we're provided to retail, so unlocking can be a little funky. This will require an unlock escalation to be filed, so you'd want to work with an internal team like T-Force or Care to have that request submitted (if you haven't reached out already ). Thank you!

- Marissa

• colonjose91

I contacted T-Mobile on Facebook. I'm guessing that is T-Force? After I provided the IMEI # they told me the replacement phone that Samsung gave me was still being paid off? I already paid off the one that was I bought from T-Mobile, but that was a different IMEI # obviously. I guess I'll call T-Mobile instead to see if I can get things sorted out.

1 of 1 people found this helpful