Tmobile coverage

j-frede8

I live in Florida got through hurricane irma. Most of my other friends and family with T-Mobile had no service, but my parents have at&t had the phone working during and after the storm. It's not working now  if it wasn't for Wi-Fi calling. I hope this post gets to that CEO whatever his name is. I've been a customer since at least 2001 continuously  everyday I debate taking my number someplace else. 

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Tmobile coverage

Hey, j-frede8. First off, I'm so glad to read that you made it through. We sincerely hope that your friends and family in the area are all safe and sound with minimal impact. Though I'm glad that Wi-Fi calling is an option you're able to utilize, this is definitely a time when we want your service working. I know that due to the power outages there are areas where our network has been affected -- we do have our technical team hard at work to reestablish network communication with generators or external batteries where possible until electrical power is restored, but I'd love to know where in Florida you're located, if you don't mind sharing. I can take a closer look and confirm that this is the case, and if not we can be certain to use our internal systems to alert technicians that your area was affected! Thank you for reaching out here -- we absolutely want to support you through this, and appreciate the heads up.

- Marissa

• j-frede8

Ft Lauderdale

• tmo_marissa

Thank you so much for the reply. I took a look at the internal map and it does look like we've got reports in that multiple sites are down in that area due to loss of power and transport caused by the severe weather conditions. We don't have an ETR listed at this time, but I know our engineers are engaged in trying to place alternate solutions wherever we can as quickly as possible. I wish I had better news to share, but I assure you I'll check back in with any updates on this end! Thank you again for following up with the location -- we do have this on our radar and are working on it!

- Marissa

• daskeyv1

Leesburg, FL

Is there somewhere we can find this information online, with projected time for repair so we aren't tying up representatives?

• gramps28

Have you tried going to Tmobiles's Facebook page for updates?

• tmo_marissa

Hi, daskeyv1! At this point it looks like your experience in Leesburg will depend largely on where you're located specifically. I took a look at our map and it looks like we have reports of local site issues almost situated in a triangle, on either end of town at Sumter Line and Alibrandi and at Sleepy Hollow and 441, and a third outage north (may technically be Fruitvale).   It does look like we have two sites that are still functional, one on North Boulevard East near 44 and another on Montlcair Rd near North Lone Oak Dr, but because of the other outages these sites may be heavily congested. The good news is that we're aware of the issues there and working on them.

I definitely understand the ask for an online outage list -- while at this time that's not something we have available, it's valuable feedback and we'll pass it on. Any public announcements or updates regarding our general response to Irma will likely be posted here: T-Mobile Newsroom. And even though we don't have an online list, we promise you are not bothering anyone by checking on your service -- I do like gramps28's suggestion of leveraging our T-Force teams if social media is an option for you, as we may be able to provide a quicker response through those channels. Please don't hesitate to ask reps for updates if necessary. To be transparent, engineering is working as hard as they can to get things up and running ASAP, so the updates may not be bountiful; but we are all happy to provide any information that we can. Best wishes to you, your family and neighbors -- we know this storm has been a monster and we're working hard to get things back on track!

- Marissa

• magenta2609057

Just called T-mobile and only said that they are working in the outage in Boca Raton, FL

website should have a way to check for areas with issues to be follow up. My neighbor using Verizon never stop services with Irma, make me think who has a really reliable service during storms and hurricanes.

• tmo_marissa

That's a totally reasonable ask, magenta2609057, and we definitely will pass it on. It's a sincere hope that as power is restored many of these issues that have been caused by loss of power and transport will be resolved, but we are definitely working to try to get alternate power sources out to towers where possible as well to shorten the wait if we can. Thank you for chiming in here with your feedback, and we hope that you and your friends and family are all safe and sound.

- Marissa