Will T-Mobile open roaming in S. Florida?

drnewcomb2

I wonder if a lot of sites go down in south Florida, will T-Mobile unblock roaming in the affected AT&T LACs? It's been done before.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Will T-Mobile open roaming in S. Florida?

That is a great question. I have not seen any internal communication regarding opening up roaming but I know that Neville and his team are fully geared up and prepared to begin repair on any network issues that arise from the storm. After Harvey, they have learned a few things that will come in handy for what will happen with Irma. We already have disaster relief trucks in Atlanta and Charlotte and they are ready to deploy to the impacted areas once it is safe. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • drnewcomb2

Chris, I saw a photo of a T-Mobile monopole in Seadrift, TX, with the antenna panels pointed in all sorts of crazy directions. The site had a running generator but that wasn't enough to keep it on the air. I think Irma is going to teach us all a lesson about nearshore construction techniques.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • miket

Re: Will T-Mobile open roaming in S. Florida?

It almost should be mandated that if the Pres. declares a certain area a "disaster area" - all licensed carriers should permit all other cell users to roam on any network they can connect with.  Outgoing/incoming calls should be billed as usual if on a limited plan.