Can Trade-In Credit Be Applied to Upgrade Instead of EIP?

adderhead7

When trading in my device for an upgrade (JUMP customer), can my trade-in credit be applied to upgrade instead of remaining EIP balance? Or it's only able to be applied to an upgrade if the remaining EIP has been paid off already? I just wanted to clarify this. Thanks in advance!

All replies

• I think that any trade in credits are pretty much applied to the account. The account is where you pay your bill and your device. So whether you have remaining payments or you have a monthly bill that credited money in the account still gets spent the same way.  I'm not sure if it makes a difference whether you're trying to pay an EIP or your monthly bill from the account credit you're still spending the same amount of money. Or maybe I don't understand what you're asking.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_chris

Hey there! If you have JUMP on your account and your current device is fully paid off, the trade in credit can be applied to your next upgrade to reduce the total cost and lower your monthly payments or offset any down payment you need to make. If you still owe money on your phone that you are trading in, the JUMP upgrade simply zeros out what you owe on that phone allowing you to start a new upgrade and only have to make payments on the new device instead of both phones.