Corporate discount vs T-mobile ONE plan ?

madbrain76

I currently have a 15% corporate discount on my grandfathered Simple Choice plan .

If I switch to a T-Mobile ONE plan , will that discount still apply ?

I would like to be certain before I switch as the new plan cost more and I wouldn't be able to switch back afterwards.

All replies

• Those discounts are lost when switching to One.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
        • miket

Re: Corporate discount vs T-mobile ONE plan ?

One item to consider TM ONE - if your lines use less than 2G of data - you can ask to be given a "KickbacK" of $10 each month for each line that doesn't hit the 2G mark.  Also get a $5/line credit for auto pay.    We are thinking of switching our 6 lines because under SC we pay $50+30+10, 10, 10, 10.  With taxes, etc. about $150.   With "ONE", with the $60 "kickback" credits + $30 in autopay credits - shouldn't be anymore. 

2 of 2 people found this helpful
            • madbrain76

Thanks, Mike.

The kickback might help with 1 or 2 lines each month.

As to the $5 credit for autopay, this doesn't seem to be available on the current ONE plan. From the rate page at :

Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile ONE Unlimited Everything. Now with Netflix

"4 lines. Just $40 each.

Hook up the family and get 4 lines for $160 with AutoPay. Plus, taxes and fees are included so you won’t pay a penny more. "

Also, fine print at the bottom :

AutoPay Pricing: For lines 1-8 only. Without AutoPay, $5 more per line.

So, in fact, we would pay the full $160 if we used more than 2GB on each line.

I checked our past usage and usually we have 1 to 2 lines that don't hit 2GB. So the actual rate would be $140 to $150.

This would still be more money for less data - not a good deal.

• miket

I forgot - I think the quoted rate for T ONE assumes you are on auto pay - as I recall.

• tidbits

madbrain76 wrote:

Thanks, Mike.

The kickback might help with 1 or 2 lines each month.

As to the $5 credit for autopay, this doesn't seem to be available on the current ONE plan. From the rate page at :

Cell Phone Plans | T-Mobile ONE Unlimited Everything. Now with Netflix

"4 lines. Just $40 each.

Hook up the family and get 4 lines for $160 with AutoPay. Plus, taxes and fees are included so you won’t pay a penny more. "

Also, fine print at the bottom :

AutoPay Pricing: For lines 1-8 only. Without AutoPay, $5 more per line.

So, in fact, we would pay the full $160 if we used more than 2GB on each line.

I checked our past usage and usually we have 1 to 2 lines that don't hit 2GB. So the actual rate would be $140 to $150.

This would still be more money for less data - not a good deal.

Some Corporate discounts do apply.  It all depends on your employer.  For example I work for the DoD and my discount is applied to the plan. 

Currently with all my promos, and discounts I pay $130 all inclusive for 8 lines.  If I take my free lines away I play $130 all inclusive for 4 lines.  With kickbacks I pay around $110-130 as only 2 lines ever stay below 2GB.  Free lines don't get kickbacks.

So check your employer the deal you have as reps can't see if discounts will apply or not on their end until after the switch happens.