NetFlix Offer Gives With One Hand While Taking With the Other

magenta2578218

Check the fine print and you'll discover that the current NetFlix offer is only available on a full-price plan. But T-Mobile attracts customers, and has experienced tremendous growth, by heavily promoting its discounted plans. Have you seen T-Mobile promoting its full price plans? This means that all those customers who took advantage of T-Mobile's heavily promoted plans, including me, are not eligible for the NetFlix offer.

Here's something interesting: The difference between my plan at full price and the promotional price I pay is $20 a month. But the NetFlix subscription that T-Mobile offers is only $10 a month when purchased directly from NetFlix. Which means that T-Mobile earns $10 a month - at least - if I take advantage of the NetFlix promotion! No wonder the NetFlix promotion is so heavily advertised.

And isn't it an amazing coincidence that the "Message us" link on T-Mobile's website doesn't work? Or that T-Mobile writes to me from a Do-Not-Reply email address? It seems to me that T-Mobile isn't all that different from Verizon and AT&T after all.

All replies

• gramps28

I just switched to the One Plus 55+ plan and I'm paying $60 for 2 lines and I'm not going to

switch plans just to get free Netflix.

If I want Netflix that bad I'll just subscribe to it myself.

If you watched the feed of the announcement , John Legere said that they were trying to get as many

people on the One plan but people could keep their current plans.

• mothaofdragonz

Its just an added bonus for people on family plans - which are 3+ lines. I'm fine with my 2/100 plan and will not switch and pay an extra $20/month just to get a $10 month bill paid. I'll pay my own Netflix plan. This is a added perk to people with family plans so people already on 4/140 or 3+ lines can get it and also a way to get people to switch to T-Mobile and switch people on SC to One.

• mothaofdragonz

I'm pretty sure someone on a 4/140 plan can get Netflix too that T-Mobile had awhile back. This benefits families more so than a 2 line plan imo.

• magenta2841163

Not True.  I have 4 lines for $160.  Called T-Mobile One Promo.  I pay $140 because they give each line $5 because I auto-pay.  They will not give me free Netflix because I have a "Promo Rate"  If I didn't, the 4 lines would be $180 - 20 for Auto-pay.  I think many of us understand WHY they will not give us Netflix for free BUT if you look at the forums in more detail what we are really upset about is the fact they shout the offer to the world but then add fine print you would need a 4K TV and a magnifying glass to see (or ample time to search online for the fine print).  I do not see how they benefit other than in the short term by attracting new customers but alienating a very substantial number of their subscribers (even business users) who have multiple lines and pay more than $100 per month.

• marksatx23

Very VERY well said!!

• tidbits

magenta2841163 wrote:

Not True. I have 4 lines for $160. Called T-Mobile One Promo. I pay $140 because they give each line $5 because I auto-pay. They will not give me free Netflix because I have a "Promo Rate" If I didn't, the 4 lines would be $180 - 20 for Auto-pay. I think many of us understand WHY they will not give us Netflix for free BUT if you look at the forums in more detail what we are really upset about is the fact they shout the offer to the world but then add fine print you would need a 4K TV and a magnifying glass to see (or ample time to search online for the fine print). I do not see how they benefit other than in the short term by attracting new customers but alienating a very substantial number of their subscribers (even business users) who have multiple lines and pay more than $100 per month.

You have a promotional plan.  If it wasn't a promotional plan which I have it's $160 after autopay not before autopay.  I switched to the 55+ and never looked back and I don't care if they don't give me netflix...  Honestly they are not alienating their subscribers if they actually looked at how much they saved compared to their competition and the requirements to get Netflix.  If you really think about it You are paying for it one way or another.  It's either bundled in your bill or out of your pockets.  it's a slight of hand if you really think about it.

• Under the idea of all the complainers out there it stands to reason that on a long enough timeline T-Mobile would have free plans with hundreds saved in extras.  No way a business can survive like that. I think that a lot of us need to take a step back and realize that we are saving a lot of money on our promo plans versus other carriers. I'm not saying we should not welcome extra features and benefits at reduced or no cost but at some point we need to be happy with what we've got. Also remember that new customers don't have the benefit of the promo plans that we have Or the old plans that old customers get to keep which are still less in price than the current offered one plan.   At some point when we have so many customers getting so many deals something will have to go not everything can be permanent. Think of it kind of like how unlimited data started off everybody kept abusing it wanting more and more and more before long the network will slow down same thing in this case more and more free stuff leads to higher price plans at some point or the cancellation of other features.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • marksatx23

I understand all of the replies in this thread but it's still deceptive advertising! It was touted as "pay the same thing and getting Netflix ON US" and I don't care how small the fine print is.. It's DECEPTIVE!

I expected to login and make a single click to activate this feature as I had no idea that I was on a "promotional" or "reduced rate" plan! I was shocked at what I saw! I've already ported one of my lines out because of the constant issues with the digits app and seeing stuff like this makes me re-consider having switched to T-Mobile from AT&T a few months ago...  What other questionable crap is going to come up??

customer_loyalty is no joke! churn

Tmo Prices.jpg

tmo_mike_ctmo_k.d.

• tidbits

They are not ...  One was a promotional plan, and the other one isn't...  So you want free netflix while also getting a discount on your plan...  Even if you paid for your own Netflix you still come out on top compared to people signing up today...

So you are actually in a better position than most people right now... I promise you any competent AG will never take this case.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • mothaofdragonz

I am pretty sure the details of this stated if you were on 2/100 or 55+ plan you did not qualify for free Netflix and you had to go sign up for the other plans to get it. I don't understand how you stated you "didn't know you were on a promo plan". I am on the 2/100 and at the top of my billing page it says One All In 100 Promo.  If you read the entire Netflix thing, it said those two rates were the ones that did not qualify, so I don't really see it as "deceptive advertising" when they stated the caveat before.

I am also 100% certain if you are on the 4/140 which is a promo pricing you probably could still get the Netflix too but I need to double check on that.

edit: It says which plans don't qualify on the Netflix On Us page so...I fail to see how you said you were "shocked" you couldn't get it when its in plain text if you read the entire support doc. Netflix On Us

I'm not trying to be nasty to you or anything, but it was spelled out in plain english.

• frederickdawg

Count yourself lucky, my Netflix ( paid by the wife ) has gone up $2 per month for our Premium plan, I guess thats one less coffee ( americano ) for me that month LOL.

• magenta2890274

This promo borders on fraud. I called t-mobile and was told I could have the Netflix offer for my 4 lines. I would need to switch from t-mobile 1to t-mobile one te. My cost would drop by the cost of the taxes. I got my bill and it was $42 /mo higher than promised! The promo discounts were removed and their agent did not tell me about this or was unaware. Luckily they let me cancel Netflix and go back to my prior plan. Shame on you t-mobile... 

• barcodeable

T-Mobile do great promotions all the time... you just need to look to see which ones are right for you and your family. I have read many people who have switched from the Simple Choice Plan to get the T-Mobile One Netflix Plan because they get Netflix and the Unlimited 3G on their added mobile devices. They get the Calling without boarders also added at no cost....

Basically you have to decide which Promotion you want... and you currently can't have BOTH because your choices are limited and there may be an increase to get the other promo you want.  But if you are an Adult, you can make that choice. If you are an elderly person, you would have already switched to the 55+ Plan already....lol.... The elderly are the easist to trick, but the 55+ Plan is a nobrainer.

I have a Simple Choice Unlimited Promo Plan, I have mentioned so many times what perks are included with that.... and a free Netflix doesn't even match the perks us Simple Choice Unlimited Promo Plan (SCUPP)  Members get. We get perks for EACH LINE.... and not just a $10.99 perk for an ACCOUNT .

VUDU $3.99 credits per month x 5

Napster uNradio $4.99 value x 5                                                                   VS    NETFLIX Plan     $10.99

International Stateside Family  Calling for 5 Lines only $10

Which Plan do you think is the WINNER?????

I personally think T-Mobile have become bad parents.... and spoiled us all. Now we want MORE MORE MORE AND SOME MORE and giving less