T-Mobile Un-carrier

gramps28

New announcement coming September 6th.

What can it be?

T-Mobile Un-carrier Next announcement happening September 6th - TmoNews

All replies

• tidbits

Re: T-Mobile Un-carrier

Probably new standard protocols they've been working on in relation to band 66 and 71 across the country.  Also getting rid for 480 streaming cap or moving it to 720.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • gramps28

Most of the un-carrier moves now seem to be just tweaks.

It would be nice if they offered some type of discount towards the newer phones with 600mhz band.

• tidbits

gramps28 wrote:

Most of the un-carrier moves now seem to be just tweaks.

It would be nice if they offered some type of discount towards the newer phones with 600mhz band.

I don't think they will.  There's only 1 device that will with a possibility of 2 by the end of the year.  IF they were they'd do it sometime next year when they know they'll meet their goal and more devices are out.

• barcodeable

I believe T-Mobile will introduce to the MetroPCs customers and all prepaid customers an upgrade - to add them to the T-Mobile One Unlimited plan at no additional charge. So they pay their "current prepaid amounts" but get T-Mobile One Unlimited Data, text, and voice.

and/or come up with the T-Mobile ONE Device Plan to coincide with the T-Mobile ONE Service Plan that will give you a choice of awesome free phones to use if you are a T-Mobile ONE Subscriber that may have advertisements.

• barcodeable

Actually, Amazon gives people a discount on the phone that contain advertisements as opposed to paying full price for the same phone. But for example: If T-Mobile made an iPhone SE 100% free after taxes are paid... that would definitely overshadow whatever Amazon was attempting.

• stevetjr

I have read rumors that they are going to revamp JUMP (again) and somehow make it a lot less expensive to get the new $1000+ phones and also an announcement of 1 or 2 new higher end REVVL phones.

• gramps28

I read that 2 more REVVL'S were coming out. Maybe T-Mobile will do a special pricing

on them.

I like the bogo phone offer where you didn't have to add a line someone suggested on Tmonews.

• tidbits

unless one of those Revvls is made by Samsung it will more than likely not have band 71 support.  There were only 2 devices rumored to get band 71 this year, and Note 8 wasn't one of them.  V30 and a mid range Samsung phone probably J series.

• gramps28

Alcatel is making the 3 Revvl phones.

• stevetjr

REVLL's are supposedly all made by TCL (Alcatel parent company) and agree they probably won't have a Qualcomm modem, they don't even have Qualcomm SOC's they use MediaTeK processors.

I agree that besides the V30 which JL confirmed there was mention earlier by I think Des or Neville that would be a mid-range Samsung before the end of the year which one would expect to be J series.  What would be nice for others (since I already have one) is come out with a mid-model S8/S8+ that has the upgraded x16LTE modem in it that supports Band 71 since the V30 has the same 835 SoC as both the S8 and N8 so would just need the newer modem version and upgraded radio software, but I know it's a pipe dream lol. 

• tidbits

stevetjr wrote:

REVLL's are supposedly all made by TCL (Alcatel parent company) and agree they probably won't have a Qualcomm modem, they don't even have Qualcomm SOC's they use MediaTeK processors.

I agree that besides the V30 which JL confirmed there was mention earlier by I think Des or Neville that would be a mid-range Samsung before the end of the year which one would expect to be J series. What would be nice for others (since I already have one) is come out with a mid-model S8/S8+ that has the upgraded x16LTE modem in it that supports Band 71 since the V30 has the same 835 SoC as both the S8 and N8 so would just need the newer modem version and upgraded radio software, but I know it's a pipe dream lol.

S8 and S8+ willl not get it if the Note 8 does have the x16LTE modem from what I read.  Qualcomm stated devices already out will not have band 71 enabled ever sadly as it actually would require a logic board redesign, and hardware to make it work.  Would cost more than it is worth, and a lot of people who already bought the S8/S8+ wouldn't be happy about it either.  I remember the hoopla that happened with the S3 and S3 LTE... I loathe those conversations...

• barcodeable

ALL SIM CARDS FOR EXSISTING CUSTOMERS WILL BE FREE WHEN YOU PURCHASE YOUR PHONE OR DEVICE THROUGH T-MOBILE STORE/ONLINE.

NO MORE $25 SIM CARDS 

I HATE GETTING AN "UPCHARGE" OR  "SIMCARD FEE" FOR BUYING A NEW PHONE/TABLET

• barcodeable

In the uncarrier video the guy stated for those with the Simple Choice Plan and older legacy "Grandfathered" Plans they can get the Netflix promo if they migrate over to the T-Mobile ONE Plan. And also stated for the people that have the 2 for $100 and the 55+ Plan will have to pay a migration fee to move over to the ONE Plan. T-Mobile has not explained how much this fee is. They further stated in the uncarrier video that all of your promotions including your free phone lines and any other promotio you have accumulated can be carried over to the T-Mobile ONE Plan. The uncarrier video was vauge, they spoke about what Verizon and the other carriers are doing. And they spoke about several times if the premium netflix account holders qualify vs people with standard netflix plan.

I have Two (2) Simple Choice Unlimited Line Promo + Three (3) Free PROMO lines.

I also have Stateside International Calling for $10 Dollars that covers all of my voice lines.

I get Five (5) Napster UnRadio accounts ($4.99 value) for having unlimited lines.

I get Five (5) Vudu Credits every month ($3.99 Value) for having binge-on activated

Can I bring over ALL the promos i listed above?????

If i migrated to T-Mobile ONE... how much extra do i have to pay?

Please T-Mobile... please explain.... what benefit will the simple choice subscribers have at migrating to the TMOBILE ONE.

The T-Mobile CEO stated in the uncarrier video that they ultimately want ALL T-Mobile customers under the T-Mobile ONE Plan. But if I have to pay what I calculated at $245 if i moved to the T-Mobile One Plan with taxes included vs $110 + taxes is what I pay now for my 5 lines with International Promo Plan. Im sorry.... i can't afford to pay $135 more just to get $9.99 in netflix credits.... I actually have Netflix and I will continue having them charge my credit card $9.99. Maybe T-Mobile will come up with a new idea to get the Simple Choice Plan Members incentive to switch.

• gramps28

Once my One Plus 55 plan kicks in it will be cheaper for me just to subscribe to Netflix than migrate.

Plus I have Amazon prime so I really don't need Netflix.

• barcodeable

THIS IS WHAT IS WRITTEN ON T-mobile newsroom release on their website.

T-Mobile states:

"Customers on Unlimited 55+ or 2 lines for $100 can get Netflix On Us simply by switching to the latest T-Mobile ONE plan."

That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. I will still be loyal to my T-Mobile Plan because I have a great Plan. As for a Netflix Promo, and moving to the T-Mobile ONE Plan if you have a 55+ Elderly Promo??? The sad thing is, some elderly will drop this for that because they are old. They may not understand that they are paying more to obtain less because they are old. The elderly are prone to falling for those South Africa telemarketing scams and wire their life savings to get "millions in return" because they are old. It looks really bad that T-Mobile did this to the elderly subscribers. The other subscribers may not be too sharp either, if they give up a great plan and pay $60+ in more money to get Netflix for $9.99 I don't think T-Mobile executives thought about the impact this may have on their image. I understand you want to get the attention of Verizon and AT&T subscribers and covert them to T-Mobile customers, but tricking the elderly....lol.... The elderly Plan is still a current promo, so perhaps when that elderly person notice they are paying $70 more per month to get Netflix... im sure they will wave their walking sticks in disgust and demand to get back on the 55+ Plan

Note: Im not bitter for not being included in the Netflix Promo.... It just took me a little time after watching the uncarrier video to understand this gift wasn't for me. I slowly felt like that kid that is anticipating on being picked for the team, but realizes nobody wan't him"

• stevetjr

I don't think they did it with the intention of "tricking" the 55+ crowd,

he did address it during the Q&A and basically said with the huge discount

on that plan there was no way to make it financially work since it sounds

like they are paying quite a bit for this to Netflix.

Same goes for the SC 2x $100 plan which I know quite a few of us here are

on. Don't get me wrong like you got excited there for a few then had the

air let out but also "get it" and also am not switching either because I

know I have a really good deal.

I love on other social media sites of those threatening to leave because

their plan isn't included, I am like really if you are on one of those

plans you will leave for a plan that will be far more expensive for less

service than you have now, that sounds logical lol

• barcodeable

I don't believe T-Mobile intentionally targeted the 55+ Subscribers to scam them out of a great plan. But it doesn't change the fact that by switching from the 55+ Plan to the current T-Mobile ONE Plan you are being taken advantage of. I would be totally surprised if a T-Mobile rep (in-store/ online) will explain to that elderly customer that "you have a great plan already, keep the plan you have and just pay $9.99 on your own and get Netflix". If there are incentives to get everyone on the T-Mobile ONE Plan, I doubt anyone will give that customer sound advice". When cellular contracts were a thing several years ago, my mom was tricked by Verizon every 2 years to renew her contract. Every 2 years Verizon would call her up telling her her contract is about to end, and she needs to renew. Despite me being her son, and me telling her she does not have to renew her contract.... she renewed anyway because she didn't understand that not being under contract is a good thing. If your drivers license expires (it's bad) car insurance expires (bad) Cell phone plan expires (good). My mom till this day still doesn't understand that concept because shes old. Elderly 55+ won't understand that the Netflix promo is not beneficial to them if they have to pay more to switch.

• stevetjr

barcodeable I didn't take it as you thought they would intentionally do it.  I agree there will be a few unscrupulous sales folks that will try but not just on the +55 folks but on the general customers that are on a "grandfather" plan.  It's a risk and hope that if that starts happening managers will nip it in the bud because not only do you risk losing the +55 customer you also potentially risk losing their child(ren) that look out for them because in a lot of cases the kids are with the same carrier as the parents.  I know that if a company "scammed" my folks and I did business with them also, I would take my business from them also.  Plus seniors especially the retired ones tend to talk to other seniors about this kind of stuff so if word gets out that they are changing them to a plan that cost more than the 2 individual products it will be on the news, aarp and etc which would not be good news for TMO. 

I have couple of friends that work retail for TMO and they have told me that TMO takes that kind of stuff serious and will put the proverbial bullet in the head if you get caught doing stuff like that and they have seen it.