Samsung Galaxy S8 BOGO Rebate Denied

magenta2546423

I finally figured out how to check the status of my rebate, and it's saying it was denied.

I had two lines, one for me, one for my daughter on the One plan. I brought my girlfriend over to my account, bringing my total to three. The salesperson told me about this BOGO deal. He looked at my account twice to make sure i qualified for the rebate, assured me repeatedly that I did. We were encouraged to go online and order our phones to avoid having to pay some fee (I can't remember what it was, but I think it amounted to about $70 or so), and we were given the URL for the rebate site. I ordered the phones, and soon after that I went to the rebate site. I plugged in my number, my PIN and the BOGO code the employee gave me. I got a message saying I was eligible, and that was that, I never heard anything else. Well, August 28th was the 8 week mark, and I started to really worry when I hadn't gotten the card in the mail like I was told. Like, lose sleep type of worry. Hence this post being done at 3:31 in the morning. Anyway, after not sleeping well for a few nights, I decided just now to try to figure out the status once and for all, and I found out it's been denied. Can someone please help me? If I don't get this rebate, I'll have essentially been duped into making a $750 mistake. I can't afford my phone bill as it is, and it's stressing me out big time.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8 BOGO Rebate Denied

Oh my goodness! I want to make sure you ate able to get the rebate you are eligible for! $750 is quite a bit of money so I totally understand where you are coming from. Did you by any chance see the reason for your denial?

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta2546423! We don't want you losing sleep! Could you share the message you're seeing? There are a few different denial codes and if we know which one, we can help rule out the issue so that you can work with the rebate team with confidence! How are things going for you?

- Marissa

• magenta2546423

I'm sorry, now I can't log back into the site to check my eligibility. I've

tried every PIN it could be. I'm using the promo code *17JUNESAMBOGO. What

do I do?*

• magenta2546423

OK, I finally found the denial again. It says:

This rebate card offer requires that 1) your account have at least 2 lines of service, 2) one additional line of service activated during eligibility period and 3) at least one service line has an eligible rate plan. Our records indicate that you do not have the valid lines of service and/or rate plan required..

So let's break this down:

1) at least two lines of service. I had two to begin with. Mine and my daughter's.

2) One addt'l line activated during eligibility period. Eligibility period defined as June 16-July 13. I ordered on July 3rd, activated on July 5th
                  3) At least one service line has an eligible rate plan. I have the ONE plan on all lines.

There is no excuse to not accept this rebate. To do so basically means Tmobile swindled me out of about $1500. $750 for the card I'm not getting, and another $750 for the phone I SURE as hell wouldn't have bought if I'd known the BOGO deal was a sham. Hopefully someone can help, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

• tmo_chris

It sounds like you met all of the requirements listed. I think that the best course of action here is going to be having our rebate care team take a look at your account and submission to see what is going on. You can reach them by calling this number and entering these prompts.

1-877-311-8853

Press 1 for English.

Press 2 for Terms & Conditions

Press 2 for General Instructions

Press 1 for Additional Assistance.

• magenta2825113

I am trying to check the status of mine. I cant seem to get into anything at all. I'm in the same boat where i came from another carrier and getting this phone agreement paid off was the deciding factor in switching carriers. How did you get in and see the status of yours? I went to t-mobile.com/promotions and used my phone number/pin and the pomo code 17JUNESAMBOGO and all i see is an error message that says There are no promotions that matched my search criteria.

• robertlsantos

I submitted my rebate back on 9/17 And all mine says is received. In 7.weeks there has been no update. My check will not be received between the 6 to 8 weeks. I call and chat and no one knows what to do.

• tmo_marissa

magenta2825113 --  Waiting since the summer for a rebate is an awfully long time! Were you able to reach out to the number Chris provided above? The error message you're describing sounds more like the one we'd expect when you're on the main Promo page and trying to submit for an expired promotion -- what happens when you try to check your rebate status using this link: T-Mobile Promotions Order Search?

robertlsantos -- If you enter your tracking number in the link above, is that where you're just seeing it say received? I know that the promotion payout is scheduled for 6 - 8 weeks from validation; but it does seem like a longer time than we'd have thought for that validation to be completed. I know you mentioned calling in -- are you working with our Care team, or have you had a chance to call the rebates team using the number and prompts at the top of this thread? They would be the best group of folks to take a peek at this submission and figure out what's happening!

- Marissa

• robertlsantos

I have called the rebate line and all I can get is information on my freedom rebate and I have received that. There is not an option on rjat line to talk to a customer service representative. The phone number does the same as online and it is not helpful. Customer care is important. I texted in and no one knows what to do and it seems like no one wants to go above and beyond to find out the answer.  Thank you.

• tmo_marissa

Oh, no! Carrier Freedom and Rebates teams are two different numbers -- the line to reach Carrier Freedom is 1-888-390-6867, and the prompts to follow to get an agent are a little different than these. The number and prompts Chris has listed here -- 1-877-311-8853, and the prompts 1, 2, 2, 1 are the number and prompts to reach an agent on the Rebates team, and we should be able to give you details about the status of different rebate programs there! We definitely agree that customer care is of paramount importance.

Since our Support Community is a public user forum, we're not able to look into these matters here since we can't securely verify accounts. Our T-Force team through social media channels (Twitter or Facebook) do have a secure method to verify account details, and they may have some insight into rebate status through their Promo Tool; but ultimately the Rebates team themselves are the best source. If you're still not getting through using that number and following those prompts, then that's something that we'd like to report -- if you could give it one more shot so that there's a fresh time stamp and you're still having trouble, let me know and I'll send you a private message to collect the personal information regarding the number you're calling from and the time of the call.

Just to make sure we're sharing all possible avenues to get some more details, there's also an email inquiry option on the Promotions' page's Contact Us tab!

- Marissa