tmomail.net blocking messages

magenta2540820

Hi,

My home automation system sends me SMS messages using T-Mobile's tmomail.net email to SMS gateway.  I have been using it successfully for a number of months, but recently, my messages have been blocked.  I have included a sample rejection notice below.  Does anyone know precisely why my messages are being blocked all of a sudden and how to get around this?

Thanks so much for your help.

-----

Error Icon

Message blocked

Your message to XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net has been blocked. See technical details below for more information.

The response was:

550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net

Action: failed

Remote-MTA: dns; d79033b.ess.barracudanetworks.com. (64.235.154.105, the

server for the domain tmomail.net.)

Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net:blocked)

Last-Attempt-Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 19:15:53 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------

To: "XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net" <XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net>

Cc:

Bcc:

Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2017 20:11:32 -0600

Subject: <message subject>

<message body>

All replies

• j.a.r.v.i.s

Re: tmomail.net blocking messages

Looks like the email was blocked intentionally magenta2540820 - There are a few similar threads - check them out and post back if you don't get anywhere...

email to sms gateway issues

email to tmomail.net rejected for banned content

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • magenta2540820

Thanks for your reply.  I looked through those posts, but couldn't find an answer.  I'm using gmail SMTP to send my email and Gmail seems fine with my authentication/authorization.  When I look at the headers of the email, it passes SPF, DKIM, and the other checks mentioned in those posts.  I'm not sure why my emails are being blocked all of a sudden and what the rules are that I need to follow for them to work successfully with the tmomail.net service.  Thanks again for your help!

• j.a.r.v.i.s

From what I read, it appeared that there was some learning/training to identify good/bad inbound messages.  Since it's something on the backend, probably out of scope for a customer facing support portal.  Did you try the enterprise support that was referenced?  Wonder if any of the @tmo_ users can comment...

• tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2540820!

I'm not sure why it stopped all of the sudden, but as j.a.r.v.i.s mentioned, you aren't the only one this is happening to. I just chatted with one of our Engineers regarding this and here are a few things he recommended trying:

• If you're a DIGITS user, we recommend installing the app on your phone. Messages are successfully being sent and received through the app.
                  • If there's an option for the email to be sent via HTML format, it should force the email to stay as MMSC. I know this option isn't always available especially if it's coming from a larger company such as your home automation system.

If neither of these workarounds work, the next step would be to contact Tech Support and file a ticket with them. The more tickets that are filed, the easier it is for our Engineers to determine why this is happening.

• magenta2629596

Having same problem. Started last week.

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its

recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

+1404xxxxxxx@tmomail.net

host d79033b.ess.barracudanetworks.com [64.235.150.252]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

550 permanent failure for one or more recipients (+1404xxxxxxx@tmomail.net:blocked)

I've had no problems for many years....except when sending a url. I have to remove http.