T-mobile Credit Inquiry

magenta2535003

Just found out tmobile did an hard credit inquiry, but we don't remember giviing them the authorization. The hard inquiry had affected my credit score. Can someone explain to us what happened to our privacy? Will tmobile continue to pull more hard inquiries without our authorizations?

All replies

• You have to agree to an inquiry and provide SSN. Usually happens when you open an account or start a new EIP on new equipment. Have you started either recently?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta2535003

Re: T-mobile Credit Inquiry

snn_555 wrote:

You have to agree to an inquiry and provide SSN. Usually happens when you open an account or start a new EIP on new equipment. Have you started either recently?

That did not happen. I am $400 away from paying off my iPad and iPhone & Plus.

• You need to look for a correlation between the time the hard credit inquiry was made and when you realized it had occurred and look for any discrepancies or coincidences between service and account issues and the inquiry.  When all else fails contact T-Mobile through Facebook or Twitter or phone call. This is a peer to peer forum and we do not have account access.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • tmo_marissa

Re: T-mobile Credit Inquiry

Hiya, magenta2535003! Your credit report isn't the kind of place you like to see surprises. We don't re-run credit for existing customers, and it doesn't sound like your account was recently established! Were you able to get to the bottom of this inquiry, or did you have the opportunity to reach out to our Care or T-Force team to take a look at your account and help out? Please let us know how it's going!

- Marissa