Note 4 Microphone not working at all

note4user1

Hello,

I have a note 4 and dropped it in water last week.

I put it in rice and cleaned it with alcohol real good. It worked fine until I realized the microphone was not working at all.

Not for calls, speaker phone or Voce recorder. I took it apart and replaced the Charging port board which has the main speaker but still nothing.

I understand there is more than mic but it just wont work with any of the above situations. I can hear fine.

The phone also vibrates every 2 seconds when I put the batter in. I can't do anything while this happening but realized it stops when I plug the charger in. Only then can I turn on the phone.

It charges fine, and works fine except for the mic if I unplug the charger so really not a huge deal but why would it vibrate until I plug it in? I also tried another battery and it does the same thing.

I also did a factory reset but nothing changed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Note 4 Microphone not working at all

Wow. Water damage can be a real pain. Was it fresh or salt water? If it was salt, I'm afraid that your phone is pretty much toast. I'm not a big fan of the rice thing. I mean what do you have to do to get rice to absorb water? Boil it, right? Otherwise, it just sits there. Do you have any way to produce and hold a good vacuum? A vacuum food preserver is one option. If you can hold the phone under a partial vacuum for several hours the water will evaporate out. You can also disassemble the phone and flush it with a high test (e.g. 92%) alcohol to displace the water, then warm with a hair dryer. This often requires a few special tools and a jeweler's loop. Sorry I don't have any good news for you.