Has Anyone Else Gotten Erroneous Information from CSR's On T-Mobile Plans?

jmitch1119

I've been a T-Mobile customer for over 20 years by their records, but actually been with them longer since I was an Aerial customer prior to T-Mobile purchasing it.  I've only called Customer Service a few times.

Recently, I was taking a trip to Canada and since my existing plan was the Simple Choice family plan I wanted to verify that nothing had changed and that I still hand unlimited data, text, and talk in Canada.  Unfortunately, even though I called during normal U.S. business hours, I got a CSR in the Phillipines.  The CSR answered my questions and proceeded to tell me about the T-Mobile One Unlimited 55 Plan for which I qualify.  The CSR told me that I could have the same 3 line I currently have on the T-Mobile One Unlimited 55 Plan with the first 2 lines costing $70 ($60 with AutoPay), $10 each for the insurance on 2 phones, and $10 for the 3rd line (and $10 for each additional line) for a total of $100 ($90 with AutoPay).  This sounded unbelievable to me in that it was about $60 less than I had been paying under my old plan which had the same unlimited talk and text, but only 10GB of data per line.

I recapped what I had been told and the CSR said yes that was correct so I agreed to switch to the T-Mobile One Unlimited 55 to take effect when my new billing cycle started.  The CSR said I should reboot all my devices on the first day of the new cycle.  I was so impressed with this new plan that I contacted several friends and explained what I had been told.

When I returned form my trip I remembered to reboot and decided to check my online account.  Instead of being on the T-Mobile Unlimited 55 Plan I had been placed on the T-Mobile One Plan and my cost had gone up by about $20 per month.  Needless to say I was very upset and called Customer Support again during normal U.S. business hours and again getting the call center in the Phillipines.  I tried to explain my issue, but was told tat I could not be placed on the T-Mobile One Unlimited 55 Plan because that plan could only have 2 lines on it and I had 3 lines.  Apparently the CSR had attempted to put me on it, but the system would not allow it with 3 lines.

I was so upset I asked to speak with someone in the U.S., but got nowhere with that.  I was finally transferred to someone in Customary Loyalty (still in the Phillipines) and was given a whopping $20 credit for the hour or so I had just spent finding out what had happened and trying to get back on my Simple Choice Plan, which I was told is impossible.  Why wouldn't their system leave me on my old plan If I couldn't be switched to the one I agreed to.  Why wasn't I contacted that there was an issue with switching to the plan I had agreed to.  I had to be surprised when I checked for myself.  Also the original CSR with whom I spoke did not document our call very well.  I finally had to drop the 3rd line that I had provided to my 88 year old mother-in-law in order to have a reasonable monthly charge.

I am fed up with dealing with the Phillipines call center.  Apparently, they are poorly trained in the T-Mobile product line, or they will say anything to move customers to more current plans.  After over 20 years of loyalty I would expect better treatment than I have received.  T-Mobile better make it easier for nme to contact as U.S. based call center for them to continue to receive my loyalty.  I won't be praising them to friends and family again any time soon.

Has anyone else experienced getting wrong informstion from CSR's?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

This is just a really sad story jmitch1119. It stings a bit more for me knowing that you've been so loyal for that long.  My apologies for the mix-up, but I'd like to if we can help get this corrected. I sent you a private message you can get to by going to your inbox. I'd like to get a few more details about the calls you made to our care folks. As for your plan, can you do me a favor? If you have a Twitter or Facebook account, can you reach out to our T-Force team via the links on our Contact Us page. I'm sure they can take a look at your plan and see if there are some other options that can help you out. This whole thing is just a bummer but I'm glad you came here and told us your story. Please keep me posted. I wanna try every outlet I can to get you some help. Thank you.

• magenta3185388

Ohhh, Yeah!

T-Mobile has really gone downhill in the past few years.  I've been a "Loyal Customer" for more than 2 decades (Voice Stream was bought out by T-Mobile) and hate to call "Customer Service."  In fact, all I have to do is talk to 3 different people to get 4 different stories.  How??  Well, their advertised flyers and website say one thing, and the three reps say something else!

A "special offer" available to Delta Airline Employees only, (NOT) never says a word about having to signup for autopay.  Nor does the website.  But the Agent insists that that is a "requirement" in order to get the advertised price.  Why in the world would I give T-Mobile direct and unlimited access to my bank account?  I haven't has so much as a late payment since I've been with T-Mobile!  What's even more infuriating is that we have been paying top dollar for what we were told was "unlimited everything" as it was advertised, but our data and hotspot is in fact throttled and limited.

Not sure why we have been loyal to a company as nefarious as this, but will be looking at alternatives just like the "friends and family" that I brought to T-Mobile did, and have now left.  None say they regret it.

If T-Mobile wants to be a bigger player in the industry, then it needs to step up to the plate and treat its more tenured customers like they matter.  Customer acquisition is more expensive than customer retention.  Just do the math, then show your appreciation.