LineLink Issue

magenta2507419

Currently using LineLink as a landline service. I’ve received a numerous reports of beeping during a phone call. It seems like DTMF tones are being sent to the receiving end – no beeps heard on the LineLink side. Happens on cell/landline devices and all major carriers. The modem, router and cables have all been replaced. QOS and non-QOS applied – no changes. Any help is much appreciated.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: LineLink Issue

That is super odd! I have never actually heard of this happening on with a LineLink device. Are you able to run a VOIP test and compare it to these minimum requirements?

Ping / latency: 200 ms (or less); Upload: 0.5 Mbps (or more); Download: 2 Mbps (or more); Max Pause: Less than 10 ms; Quality of Service: 85%

• magenta2507419

Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying. http://www.internetfrog.com/ is not working, so I cannot give you max pause or quality of service numbers. I ran a different VoIP speed test and came up with these numbers.

ping average 46ms

jitter average 21ms

download average 53mbps

upload average 5mbps

packet loss 0

MOS 4.4

The ISP is Comcast and is used primarily for Internet browsing. No video streaming.

I have a ticket open and they came back with no trouble found. I think we're up to 4 tickets now, all with the same results or no trouble found. It's incredibly frustrating to troubleshoot anything with T-Mobile engineers. I cannot speak to them directly and must be funneled through L1 support.

• gramps28

Have you tried taking the sim card out and putting it back in or replacing the sim?

• magenta2507419

Sim card removed/inserted a few times but didn't make a difference. The sim card has not been replaced. Technical support never recommended it. The first time we had issues, they wanted us to replace the device but we needed to pay for it [after 2 months] and go to the closet store to pick it up. We refused to pay for a defective device. The only way the sim card will be replaced is if TMO steps up and replaces it for free. Better yet, replace both LineLink and sim card for free.

• gramps28

Linelink isn't as good as my @home line and I'm regretting switching.

There also seems to be a lot f annoying issues with it.

• magenta2507419

Never had a chance to test @home service. Interesting others reported issues with the LineLink, too. Can't believe Engineering can't find anything wrong with our device. What are they looking at? With all the issues we've had, you'd think logs would show disconnects and random generated tones. TMO's cellular service is pretty good but not this. Highly recommend NOT using LineLink as a home phone solution.

• magenta2507419

Should have mentioned early but we have a T-Mobile 4G Cell Spot device. It acts as a mini cell tower in the house and routes traffic back to T-Mobile servers. As far as I can tell, it's similar to Wi-Fi Callling and LineLink. It creates an IPSEC/VPN tunnel back to TMO servers and routes both data and voice. Never had an issue with data/voice services when connected, or no beeping or dropped calls when connected. The problem has to be the LineLink device. At this point, we'll probably port-out to another VoIP solution.

• gramps28

The reason I switched over was that my router was going out and Tmobile didn't have

them in stock any more.

I've been toying around porting my number to a prepaid plan I have that I don't pay for then buying

wireless bluetooth handsets.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for doing that test. Those results should be more than enough to maintain a good quality call. Having that many tickets come back as NTF is definitely troubling. Is it possible to try or have you already tried swapping out the phone you have connected to the line link to see if the problem persists?