Black Screen/ Boot Loop

magenta2499845

Hello,

My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge wont start. Went to a T-Mobile store today and they told me my phone was stuck in a boot loop. They ordered a new phone but is it true that all my information is gone and cant be retrieved??? I am feeling devastated! Please Please help if you can!

Thank you,

Dennis

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: Black Screen/ Boot Loop

It depends on what's been synced to Google and other backup media. It's good to remember that phones get stolen, break, get dropped overboard, etc. Backing up is always a recommended practice.

• theartiszan

Yeah sadly if you can't get into the phone, there won't be a way to recover anything.

You can try reflashing the phone with Odin and the most recent software release(not supported by t mobile but you can find steps online) which might be able to fix it if the problem is software based. Did they try clearing the cache of the phone or a master reset? Clearing the cache might also fix it,  but if they already attempted a master reset all the data is lost.

• tmo_mike_c

Oh, this is a total bummer magenta2499845. This happened on my Nexus 5X, so I know this pain all too well. Did you have your info saved somewhere other than the phone? Did you get your replacement phone yet? Please keep us posted.

• tmo_marissa

Howdy, magenta2499845. Just wanted to check in here and see how things were going. Hopefully most of your information had been synced to the Google ID you were using on your first S6 -- how did setting up the replacement go? Can we offer any assistance?

- Marissa