Magenta Friday Billing Issues...Still

magenta2495152

For the majority, the billing issues were resolved earlier this year. However, I am still going through them. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? It's affecting one of my lines. I've contacted representatives via numerous calls and chats. I seriously have heard so many different answers to the same questions that it's almost becoming laughable. Cases have been "escalated", but I'm starting to think that just means thrown out the window.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Magenta Friday Billing Issues...Still

Oh yikes! That's not good at all. Sorry you haven't been able to get a straight answer. What kind of billing issues are you having? We may be able to help you here.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there, magenta2495152! I'm with tmo_mike_c on this; this is definitely not the experience we want any customer to have when they're trying to get to the bottom of a billing concern! What seems to be happening with the billing for line you're having trouble with?

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Please let us know if you still need assistance.

• magenta2495152

Hi Chris,

I called in shortly after posting this and another agent said it would be resolved within 2 months. It's 2 months later, and still no resolution though =(. My tablet line was corrected for the Magenta Friday promo, but my wearable line still has not. It has almost been a year now. Please help.

• magenta2495152

UPDATE:

I have called in for the 15th-20th time regarding this just now. The representative said it'll be fixed by next billing cycle. I will update again once next billing cycle comes around. However, I've lost a lot of my confidence with resolution of billing issues.

• chintu

I am having same billing issues and called up multiple times with conflicting answers. I am a new T-mobile customer started on Nov 17th and my first bill got generated on 21st Nov (in 4 days!!!) with a due date of 11th Dec. I am surprised how can I be advance billed like this. In other carriers you get the bill once the first month is completed and then you have a grace period of like 15 days to make the payment. I am literally confused as to how the billing cycle works in T-mobile. I don't know how to escalate this. Please advise.

• tmo_chris

Hey chintu,

I apologize for the confusion. Our bill current method of billing is a standard practice in the wireless industry. The first bill cycle will close within 1-4 days of action. The billing system actually auto adjusts those first 1-4 days of service but you will see the charges for 1 full month of service in advance. The service you are paying for is for the 22nd of Nov - the 21st of December.

• magenta3476445

I had the same issue for over a year.  I don't know how much time I spent on the billing issue.  The reps were nice and trying to be helpful (except today).  They always assured me that the issue would be resolved the next bill.  Yeah, the next bill. Finally, I got a message this week indicating that there was a mistake in billing and would credit the past bills that were wrong. I called today to check on the credit and talked to Amanda, she said that they credited for the past 4 bills. But, I said that there should have been 5 bills that needed to be fixed (the previous bills were fixed from previous calls).  She checked the bills and said that I had a credit balance for one bill (because of credits from prepaid account), so, she could not correct that bill. I told her that's not right. She eventually talked with her supervisor and said that she could give $15 courtesy credit.  But, the over charge is more than the $15.  I asked for her supervisor Joseph (rep ID 1222238). Oh, man, he was really the man on the floor. He was very rude and impatient (in sharp contrast to the earlier reps or sups I talked to before). I asked him for his supervisor and he said he didn't have a supervisor and he's the highest authority on the floor. That's my last recourse.  I really wish that I hadn't taken advantage of the T-mobile promotion.  It's cheap for a reason. For now, I will have to wait for the next bill (yet again) to see if it's indeed corrected. I had another issue that was resolved after more than half a year and numerous phone calls. Will I recommend T-Mobile to other people?  You tell me.

• nelfar212

TMO, does has issues. and yes it sucks it seems like we have to call back and forth to get issues resolved. Nothing could be as bad as my last experience with sprint, back when we had minutes my phone was stolen, I reported same day, and filed a insurance claim.  Well unknown to me, somehow they left the phone on. Whoever had my phone had a party they ran my bill up to over $3000, I called sprint and asked them to investigate and credit my account. they refused to do so, I refused to pay for charges that weren't mine. The following year my employer forced me to pay off the debt to keep my job being that I have to maintain a security clearance, I swore I'd never give sprint another dime,  I had a similar issue with AT&T which came after the merger, I was a Cingular customer, someone use my name to open an account with AT&T, so when the merger happened AT&T claims they lost the account information for that account and shut my account down . I was furious so I returned to phones I had just brought Palm Centrino's putting me back on month to month, and kissed AT&T good bye. I've been with TMO ever since. I hate sprint so bad, had tmo merged with them, I would have left for Verizon. 

• tmo_chris

magenta3476445

My goodness, no one should have to deal with an issue with their bill for that long! For something that ha been going on this long, I would strongly recommend you reach out to our T-Force team using the Facebook or Twitter icons in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and do a full audit of your bills and find the best resolution.