T-Mobile Meineke promo

magenta2468524

Anyone have any luck with the meineke promo from T-Mobile Tuesday? None of the meineke locations near me was participating, was looking forward to using the promo too

All replies

• cesaribenitez95

Re: T-Mobile Meineke promo

This Tuesday was the worst one! I went to all locations in San Antonio, and the only one that would even take the time to give an answer other than no. Gave me this look and attitude of "I am god you scumbag" and said: "We only do the $25 off, you have to buy the oil filter which starts off from $15 and up." I think I speak on behalf all of T-mobile USA customers....  a selfie stick would have been better.

• tmo_chris

I am very sorry for the confusion folks! Not all locations were accepting this offer. I know that the offer has now passed but be sure to keep checking your T-Mobile Tuesdays app in the weeks to come as we will continue to provide you with great offers.

• artart

Hi tmo_chris

I like your response.

I would like to add my own assessment

of the T-Mo Tuesday freebie offerings.

Usually all promotional offers

from any company are subject to availability,

individual store participation, and regional restrictions.

Since the T-Mobile Tuesdays promos are nation wide,

not all offers are available to us individually.

I treat T-Mobile Tuesdays as a treasure hunt.

First, by playing the game, I determine what treasure

might be available to me on any particular Tuesday.

By the end of the day I try to be satisfied with whatever

treasure I was actually able to dig up.

Some Tuesdays, the entire list of what might possibly

be available, is not of any value to me, and not worth

my trouble to claim any of it.  I just wait until the next

Tuesday to see if some really valuable treasure awaits.

Art

• magenta2668633

T-Mobile...please be advised that this whole promo was bogus!  I redeemed the coupon via the T-Mobile Tuesday app and scheduled an appointment for my oil change.  A few days later, I received a phone call from an outsourced customer service center that handles customer service calls for companies in the auto industry and was advised that the location I selected from the app (which was supposed to be showing me a list of participating locations) was not accepting the offer.  They were calling me to reschedule at a participating location.  Based on the zip code I gave them, they provided me with a participating location near my job so I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Monday, September 18th.  On Thursday, September 14th, I received an email from the location (coming from a yahoo address instead of meineke.com...go figure) notifying me that they were not participating in the promo.  I immediately hopped on a call with the customer service agency to get to the bottom of this issue but she was just as lost as Dora the Explorer.  She referred me to the Meineke corporate office as she had no explanation for the confusion.

At this point, I'm over T-Mobile with all of their partially done jobs and I'm currently in the process of switching carriers because the inconsistency here is ridiculous.  As far as Meineke is concerned, I will likely NEVER be utilizing their services in the near future.  There definitely should have been a more thorough job done here on both parts. 

TO T-MOBILE:  Get in the practice of partnering with companies that are more open to honoring specials for your customers and make sure that a thorough research is done before giving them exposure to your customer base.

TO MEINEKE:  Know before you go.  If the marketing team gets the green light to partner with another company on discounts, be sure that all locations (including franchises) are on board and understand the terms of the agreement.  Make sure that you have a firm amount of commitments before accepting this partnership as it is misleading for the customer base to think that there is really something available to them when there really isn't.

Thank you.

• barcodeable

Im very upset with your depiction of Dora the Explorer... She's never lost because of her "Say Map - Say Map"...

but for the record... I didn't even bother to redeem the promo from Meineke, I don't trust them the same as Dora doesn't trust "Swiper no swiping"

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • magenta2668633

@barcodeable ...It appears that you're misunderstanding the reference but no worries. It was in reference to her constant search for clues that would ultimately lead to the item or location or person she sought. Please don't read too much into it.

Nevertheless...don't want to deflect from the issue at hand that was directed towards T-MOBILE and MEINEKE. Glad you were fortunate enough not to be involved in this matter and have no need for commenting or complaining about this particular offer.

Hope you feel better and enjoy the rest o your day!

• stevetjr

magenta2668633 wrote:

T-Mobile...please be advised that this whole promo was bogus! I redeemed the coupon via the T-Mobile Tuesday app and scheduled an appointment for my oil change. A few days later, I received a phone call from an outsourced customer service center that handles customer service calls for companies in the auto industry and was advised that the location I selected from the app (which was supposed to be showing me a list of participating locations) was not accepting the offer. They were calling me to reschedule at a participating location. Based on the zip code I gave them, they provided me with a participating location near my job so I went ahead and scheduled an appointment for Monday, September 18th. On Thursday, September 14th, I received an email from the location (coming from a yahoo address instead of meineke.com...go figure) notifying me that they were not participating in the promo. I immediately hopped on a call with the customer service agency to get to the bottom of this issue but she was just as lost as Dora the Explorer. She referred me to the Meineke corporate office as she had no explanation for the confusion.

I would agree this promo had some issues but to call it bogus?? Bogus implies intent to deceive which this was more as you pointed out one or both sides dropping the ball in the process.  My ex tried and didn't find out until she got to the place and it was explained that the corporate stores weren't participating and she needed to go to a franchise shop.  She finally found one that took it but then when she got there and they entered it in it came back invalid, she then tried mine with my number (since I wouldn't let them near my car plus I can't do standard oil changes anyway) and same issue.  I suspect the second one that sent you the email (via yahoo so suspect franchise) had agreed to it but then like when Domino's started didn't realize what they were biting off decided to back out but couldn't at a corporate level so just started emailing their own customers so they wouldn't have to do it.  Not sure if you were here when it first started but after a couple of weeks Domino's bailed because after the first one they had stores they couldn't open the next day because they had no supplies left.

At this point, I'm over T-Mobile with all of their partially done jobs and I'm currently in the process of switching carriers because the inconsistency here is ridiculous. As far as Meineke is concerned, I will likely NEVER be utilizing their services in the near future. There definitely should have been a more thorough job done here on both parts.

Not sure what other "partially done jobs" you are referring to but will point out that over the last 4 years T-Mobile has changed the entire cell landscape model and everything they do is new territory so knowing with 100% certainty what all the pitfalls or potential issues that could pop up it would be expected that a few things will get missed.  TMO Tuesday is a nice perk but certainly understand this is just a bonus and a nice attempt to say "thanks" but that if I don't get or can't use a particular item it's not the end of the world since I am not really losing anything I had.  Now if I was paying a premium or TMO's plan rates were higher than the competition and now I am not getting or liking the options on this program then might have a bit more heartache about it but that just isn't the case with TMO Tuesday IMHO

TO T-MOBILE: Get in the practice of partnering with companies that are more open to honoring specials for your customers and make sure that a thorough research is done before giving them exposure to your customer base.

TO MEINEKE: Know before you go. If the marketing team gets the green light to partner with another company on discounts, be sure that all locations (including franchises) are on board and understand the terms of the agreement. Make sure that you have a firm amount of commitments before accepting this partnership as it is misleading for the customer base to think that there is really something available to them when there really isn't.

Agree with both ^^^^^^^ statements with the caveat that I think this was more the case of Meinke dropping the ball and someone in their marketing corp office working this deal without knowing the resistance from their franchisees would have with it and my guess is wasn't very profitable for the franchisees Similar to a couple of years ago when corporate Burger King had the $1 whopper but didn't subsidize the promotion and the franchises revolted because it ended up costing them money.  Hopefully TMO has removed them as a partner.

Thank you.

• barcodeable

magenta2668633 I appologize for my terrible attempt to add humor to my post at your expense.

My day is actually going terribly, so my humor was also a way to put myself in a better mood.

I doubt T-Mobile will honor a T-Mobile Tuesday Promo that has come and gone. But for those customers that tried to redeem this offer should at least get the value of the oil change credited to their account.

I indeed understood yor post, and I appologize that my previous post wasn't helpful nor was it encouraging.

Enjoy your day as well

• magenta2679195

All T-Mobile is doing is causing problems and frustration when they offer something that the stores will not accept.  I am very upset at Meineke and T-Mobile at this time.  What good is this stupid T-Mobile Tuesdays offer if the stores won't accept it?  Just a way to Meineke to get more business at our expense?

No thanks.

Tony Miller

• magenta2668633

Agreed!

• stevetjr

magenta2679195 wrote:

All T-Mobile is doing is causing problems and frustration when they offer something that the stores will not accept. I am very upset at Meineke and T-Mobile at this time. What good is this stupid T-Mobile Tuesdays offer if the stores won't accept it? Just a way to Meineke to get more business at our expense?

No thanks.

Tony Miller

I doubt very seriously TMO would have signed them up as a partner if they knew how many stores were not going to take it.  I guarantee they had a commitment of X number of stores and/or number of oil changes each store would do and it sounds like a lot of franchises opted out when their corporate had opted them in or they opted out when they realized they had bit off more than they thought, similar to Domino's.

A lot of their partners even when they ran out of the advertised deal would give you some equivalent, I know when I went in for some specific Subway sandwich and they were out of those they just let me pick any 6" off the menu. 

Hopefully they (TMO) have learned that this is not a good partner and we don't see them again.

• magenta2679195

Okay, I have learned more information. Apparently they would not honor our free oil change code because they were having computer problems. I thought they should go ahead and give the free oil change and write down the code for later. However instead of doing that, they charged my daughter for an oil change. After talking to several people at the Bessemer Alabama store, they are now offering to refund my money.

• thumbmaster

If anything, this backfires on Meineke big time. I am sure many of us will never patronize a Meineke (especially ones that jilted us on this offer) ever again.

• tyholby

Zero Meineke locations in the state of Utah would honor the coupon. Stupid Meineke company for agreeing to sign up for this promo and not tell their franchise owners. This will totally put a bad taste in everyone's mouths when they think of Meineke in the future. Serves them right.

• thumbmaster

I made an appointment on their website for today (Saturday, Sept. 30). They even sent me an email reminder yesterday.

I arrived at the store and was told that they "don't accept Saturday appointments," and that it's not their problem that corporate allowed it. It would be "at least an hour" before they could get to me.

I explained that I was trying to redeem the T-Mobile offer but he claimed that they "ran out of oil for that offer 2 days ago." I asked if they have no oil at all. He said they have oil, just not for that offer. In other words, he would give an oil change for cash but would not honor a legit promotion.

T-Mobile needs to do a better job vetting their promo partners. Stuff like this is far far worse than no deal at all.