Stolen Reward Card--WireCard useless

magenta2461495

I did the BOGO S8 deal and the gift card never arrived after 2 weeks. I followed up and they sent another one. Still didnt arrive after another 2 weeks so i followed up again and found out that $749 of it had been depleted over approximately 1 hour. I finally get a replacement card for $1 with REWARD CARD INSIDE plastered all over an envelope carried by USPS with no delivery tracking or signature confirmation--no wonder it got stolen especially for the amount it was in. T mobile referred me to Wirecard to file a fraud claim which was lost in email transit 3 times before I finally got it and is now going through a 2 month long 'investigation.' I can't log in to their website (t-mobilevaluecard.com) to look at my card charges to share the information with USPS investigators for stolen mail because it asks for a username/password but there is nowhere on the webpage to actually enter these things. Every person I talk to from wirecard gives me different information and is usually very rude. I tried going back to T mobile to make this right but of course they refuse to do anything....

This is the last time i will ever utilize a promotion from T mobile of this size--enormous hassle for a new customer while the telecom giant hands it off to a fly-by-night scam mastercard reseller. Truly **** poor customer experience with T mobile 4 months in.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: Stolen Reward Card--WireCard useless

Have you tried contacting T-Force through social media?

If not link this post.

Contact Us

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2461495!

Welcome to our Support Community! I'm sorry we're meeting on these terms. You're waiting on a pretty hefty rebate and from what you mentioned above, there's a lot of room for improvement starting with the packaging of your rebate. Having to wait a few months to get this handled is never an enjoyable situation when it could've been prevented to begin with. I will definitely be passing this feedback along. As far as what can be done to move this along a bit faster, it sounds like the correct steps have been taken to investigate the missing card. I wish I had better news at this point but we clearly have a few things that can be done to avoid this from happening in the future.

• geeluva

Hey,

Any update on your predicament? I'm currently going through the same thing and wondering how you ended up?

• moonbang

Hi how are you ? How is your current status? Have you received your card yet? I have been through the same situation now!

I have not got my Rebate card ($750), which is stolen, somebody else use the card already, the balance was only $20.71. SO they ask for me to send a fraud form . So i faxed it on August 6th. After 2 month later, whe check the status, they told me that it was not go throuth, they ask me fax them  fraud form Again!!!  So i did it again ( what can i do?) now i just checked status , it says still investgate....

So please tell me your status ?...

Thank you.

• magenta3787381

can some body post the fraud form i am waiting for mine and it has been more than 2 weeks. thanks

• magenta4771730

Hello. Yeah I would like to know how to proceed. I was advised that I would be receiving a rebate card which I have not. I was told many different things by different T-Mobile rebate center representatives. Then once I spoke to a supervisor she not only informed me that I would be receiving an express shipped card in 4 business days she provided me a credit for the incorrect information that was given. I just spoke with wire card regarding the tracking number information because I was told someone is going to have to sign for the card and they informed me there is not tracking number because the card has not been shipped. Now mind you the initial arrival date for the first card was 4/19. Then we cancelled that one and was informed we would receive it by 4/27 no later than 4/28. However the card was not created until 4/25 and is expected to arrive4 by 4/30 but it has not shipped yet. I have been told they will not overnight the card and that there is nothing else anyone can do. I have been told this on both the T-mobile side and the wire card services side. At this point I am ready to cancel service through T-Mobile and request a refund and take my business to another phone carrier because this is ridiculous.

• jonathanboldes

Hello everyone!

I, like many of you, stumbled upon this post when my own T-Mobile BOGO reward card for $700 was stolen in transit to my house. I want to post this to let everyone know that after nearly 5 months since originally applying for the BOGO deal and 2 months since finding out my card was stolen, I have had my money restored to my reward card. I'm going to write out the process I went through below so that it might help others in the future. (note that dates aren't 100% accurate, but close, as this took so long to take care of it's hard to remember everything exactly as it happened.

March 15, 2018 - bought two new iPhone X's with the BOGO deal. Was to receive $700 gift card in the mail in 6-8 weeks.

May 4, 2018 - T-Mobile called me to confirm information on my reward card, said it would be in the mail soon after.
                    May 8, 2018 - Reward card shipped

May 18, 2018 - Reward card stolen from mail (I did not find this out until 2 weeks later)

June 6, 2018 - Reward card still hasn't arrived at my house, so I call T-Mobile who forwards me to WireCard who in turn tells me I had spent $698.64 on my card already and only $1.36 remained. I spend 2 hours talking to different people trying to explain to them the card has been stolen. They are rude and tell me that it's not their fault my card has been stolen. They offer to send me a new card with a new number and I'll have to fill out a fraud investigation form to try and get the money recovered. They tell me that it will take 24 hours to send me the fraud investigation form (???). They also inform me the fraud investigation will take anywhere from 45-90 days.

June 7, 2018 - 24 hours later, no form, I call WireCard - again - and they tell me this time I'll have to wait 4 hours to receive the form

June 8, 2018 - 19 hours after the last call I finally receive an email from PrepaidSupport@wirecard.com with 0 text or context, just a form attached.

June 9, 2018 - I call WireCard to ask if I can email the form to them. They inform me the only way to give them the form is to fax (yes, FAX!) or mail it. They are extremely adamant that the only smart way to get it to them is to fax and that mailing will not guarantee they can receive it. I explain that its 2018 and most people do not have access to fax machines and they tell me that isn't their problem, please fax.

June 10, 2018 - I pay money at a FedEx Office to fax my fraud investigation form to WireCard. I call them immediately after faxing to confirm it was received. The person on the line tells me that it will take at least 4 hours to confirm the fax was received. I call back 4 hours later and they tell me no fax has been received. I call back 8 hours later and same answer. They also let me know at this point that if I don't file the fraud investigation within 60 days of the card being stolen that I will forfeit any chance of getting my money back.

June 16, 2018 - I pay more money at a FedEx Office to fax my fraud investigation form to WireCard, again. (There's a small lapse in time because I was so frustrated at this point) I call again and they tell me it will take 2 hours before they know (I never understand the consistency of the times they tell me I have to wait for things, I believe it's likely just all made up on the spot). I called 6 hours later, just to be safe, and they tell me that the papers were accepted.

July 13, 2018 - $698 was loaded back onto my card in a "Fraud Investiation Refund"

July 21, 2018 - I check my card balance and see the money has been restored. WireCard never contacted me to tell me the investigation worked or that my money had been restored. I was also never contacted by anyone from WireCard or an investigation firm to answer questions.

My last bit in this post will be towards T-Mobile.

This whole ordeal has soured my overall view of your company. All of this could have been avoided through extra security steps that your contractor, WireCard, obviously has no interest in taking.

1) Don't put "YOUR REWARD INSIDE" on an envelope. People will steal it.

2) Don't let the only requirement for activating the reward card be the person's zip code. Guess what, the zip code is ON THE PIECE OF MAIL.

3) WireCard customer service is awful, unhelpful, and has on more than one occasion caused panic attacks. They are actively trying to make sure people who deal with fraud do not receive their money back. It is one of the most dehumanizing experiences I have ever encountered.

4) T-Mobile customer service had no sympathy for the situation. Your staff would repeatedly say "Well, it's not our fault the card was stolen" when, in fact, it is your fault due to a lackluster contractor and poor practices in security for your customer.

Hope this helps everyone, good luck in getting your money back. It is an uphill battle but eventually worked out.

Jonathan

• magenta5840827

Did other folks on this thread who lost their refund cards ever get replacements? I had a deposit refund due from T-mobile and instead of sending it back on my card they outsourced it to a 3rd part who says they sent the card. However the card was stolen and used just like it happened to you folks. Just starting down what seems like a pretty longish path to get the money back and was curious about the best way to go from here.

T-Mobile claims to be the un-carrier so its sad to see they arent much different from the remaining providers!

Thanks.

• jonathanboldes

Hello!

Definitely check out my reply just above yours from July 25. That's roughly the timeline and issues you'll deal with. If you don't run into some of the snags I did, you should have your money back about 2 months after your initial request.

Best of luck! WireCard is extremely frustrating to work with but they did get me my money back eventually.

Jonathan

• magenta6324620

I'm going through the same process. My card has been stolen twice. The second time the card only had $17 and some change and they used every single penny of it! I had already had a dispute in since the beginning of September but now I have to send in another form to dispute the new transactions from the replacement card. This re-starts my 30-90 day investigation clock according to Cory at Wirecard. After I asked for a new plastic card not to be issued, they still processed it anyways. Judging that this has already happened twice, I'm sure it will happen again. The poor packaging and the fact that a postal worker knows its hard to trace makes it free money for them. I already started an OIG investigation with USPS concerning my case but it shouldn't have to come to this.

T-Mobile - Please make the security measures strict on these reward cards. Instead of having the person activate with just a zip code, make them use their T-mobile Pin number. You ask a customer for their PIN every time they call in for assistance...why should this differ with a debit card. WireCard is a horrible service that still uses "old school" methods for reporting incidences of fraud. Then to add a 30-90 day investigation period on top of that...why should your customers have to suffer for poor security measures and shipping methods?

I hope to resolve my issue soon but I'll never ask for a plastic card again. This process is unreal and so unnecessary. I wish T-Mobile would have let me apply the whole balance to the new phone so I wouldn't have to deal with this situation. Honestly T-Mobile...WireCard should be fired! Find a 3rd party service that actually cares about customer service and has policies in place to help customers vice adding undue stress and fiscal dilemmas. Lets listen to the customers and fix this process!