T-Mobile has no email or live chat technical support anymore?

whatmeworry

While I am a phone user I generally prefer dealing with technical issues "in writing" rather than by voice call.  In fact, I prefer it for sales support also.

Over the past couple of weeks I've been looking around at the various carriers to see if I wanted to switch, and I used T-Mobile's "chat" to get some information about phones and service plans.  Although I couldn't find an email address for T-Mobile support, the "chat" was at least second best.

Why do I prefer email?  (1) no need to watch the screen for a reply in real time or to hang on the phone; I can send my questions when it's convenient and then check back when it's convenient.  I'd think that T-Mobile might like that also because they can do the same.  (2) If I forget something that was discussed I can go back to the email or chat transcript and review what was discussed.  (3) If it was a question about service plans, pricing, warranty, etc., I have a written record of what I was told and not a "he said she said" story.

Now I no longer see even the "chat" icon on the T-Mobile support pages.

Yes, I know that with a T-Mobile phone I can "message" support, but if I'm already a customer and am contacting them about a loss of service issue that feature is not going to help.  I need to be able to contact someone via my computer in that case.  The only option I see in this case is to sit on hold while phoning in my problem report.

Can we please revive "chat" and add email to the "contact us" listings?

Thank you.

All replies