Can we please have a flagship Android tablet?

brighid13

I was really hoping to upgrade my tab s to the tab s3, and I'm really disappointed that it still isn't, and at this point probably won't be, offered. I was hopeful when the tab s2 was removed months ago, but still nothing but a pathetic tab e available.

All replies

• artart

Re: Can we please have a flagship Android tablet?

brighid13 wrote:

I was really hoping to upgrade my tab s to the tab s3, and I'm really disappointed that it still isn't, and at this point probably won't be, offered. I was hopeful when the tab s2 was removed months ago, but still nothing but a pathetic tab e available.

Hi brighid13

Welcome to the forum.

I am guessing that you are talking about the possibility of Samsung releasing an 8 inch version of the Tab S3 since the 9.7 inch version does already exist. There has been much discussion around the internet about whether Samsung will release an 8 inch version at all. It seems doubtful that one will be released. I am sure Samsung would rather sell you a Note 8. Frankly I much prefer the 16x10 aspect ratio of the Tab S to the 3X4 ratio of the S2 & S3. I have a 3x4 Tab S2  9.7 and do not like the 3x4 aspect ratio. I picked up a 16x10 aspect ratio, 8 inch Insigna Tablet on sale for $39.00 at Best Buy to play around with. It fits perfectly in cargo pants pockets.

When I compare the size of a movie playing on both tablets, the image on the 8 inch Insignia is not much smaller than the image on the the 9.7 inch S2.  Count yourself lucky that you own a Tab S. I will not be buying any more Samsung Tablets as long as we are forced to use a 3x4 aspect ratio. Samsung claims that a 3x4 ratio is better for browsing the web. I disagree. In portrait mode a 3x4 ratio seems to stretch text out horizontally.  The claim is that there is less scrolling needed in 3x4 than 9x16. I don't care  even if that is so. Scrolling (by touch screen) on a tablet is effortless. It is not like scrolling with a mouse.

My suggestion would be to compare carefully side by side; your tablet, next to a Tab S2 8 inch. If you watch movies much on your tablet, I think you might be somewhat disappointed with the reduced image size of the 4x3 aspect ratio.  If you can't find aTab S2 8 inch, compare yours to an  S2 or S3 9.7 inch.

I believe that the Note 8 is all that Sammy wants to sell us right now. I don't think we will ever see a Tab S3 8 inch. In any even you already own the last (high end) Samsung tablet model that I would ever want to buy. Enjoy it as long as it keeps working.

Art