Is DIGITS SMS super slow for everyone?

dlo1206

I use DIGITS so my assistant can answer all of my texts while in the field.  Noticing a significant lag time in the syncing and forwarding of texts (I get hundreds back and forth in a day).  She complains that the app is slow and that if I text someone personally it doesn't show up to her which has caused us both to text different info at the same time to one poor confused client.  Does digits or any other galaxy s8 app work as smoothly as iMessage in this way?  where you can text from desktop in real time?  If digits does this for other people, what am I doing wrong?

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: Is DIGITS SMS super slow for everyone?

dlo1206

This is something weird. I use S7 Edge and G5 and DIGITS app. The messages sync in real time except a very few rare cases where messages sync in a delayed way.

I am not sure what OS / device you are using but ideally the message syncing should happen in real time and thats what I see. In last couple of days DIGITS has been hit by a few blows and we are seeing some issues popping up at random. Would you mind providing some details like your OS, device, DIGITS app version etc?

I am also tagging tmo_marissa tmo_evan who can gather your personal info and get tickets filed if needed.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • dlo1206

I'm using a galaxy s8.  the computers used have been a macbook pro and imac in our office.  google chrome is the browser @evanmf @tmo_marissa @debjitjdv

• debjitjdv

dlo1206

Great.. And what about the following questions:

1. Receiving of texts in both the DIGITS app and in S8? Is there any lag or almost simultaneously?

2. You send a text from S8, does it sync to DIGITS app in iMac / Macbook Pro?

3. You send a text from DIGITS app in iMac / Macbook pro. Does it sync to S8?

Of 2 and 3, which has more delay or is it random? I guess, you are seeing the messages that you send from S8 are syncing to Macbook quickly but the other way round is not so quick. Am I right? Please suggest.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_marissa

Hey dlo1206! Just wanted to check back in here and see if you're still having trouble with lagging SMS. We'd love to know the answers to the questions debjitjdv asked above if you're still having trouble! Thanks!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Happy Saturday, dlo1206

Is SMS still running pretty slow for you? If so, please take a look at the questions debjitjdv asked above and get back to us. We want to get this squared away for you so you can back to enjoying DIGITS.

• tmo_mike_c

Is this still an issue? Please come back and let us know. There's been some great questions asked and we wanna help sort this out so please reply back. Thank you!

• dlo1206

Hi everyone,

just hired a new assistant who is using digits to respond to my texts on google chrome.  It is syncing nicely but is super laggy.  are there any suggestions of what to do so he can respond more smoothly.  It lags when you type, it lags when you click on a different message thread or scroll through my texts.  Let me know what you think

• dlo1206

the whole app is just slow in the browser, is there an add on or anything you recommend to make the typing and use of the app smoother in google chrome?

• tmo_chris

Hey dlo1206,

Do you notice if it lags in any other browser? You may also want to try downloading the windows/mac client directly to the computer. The is a link to download the app at the login screen of the DIGITS web portal.

• dlo1206

I downloaded the app and have it running here.  It's a little better than the app but still too slow to be usable.  I have dozens of texts coming in a day and need to be able to simply click on new ones and have it switch to that one.  It takes a min just to click into a new message.  It's super slow, but at least on the app my typing isn't laggy.  Also, is there a way to sync contacts so its not just a bunch of random numbers?

• tmo_chris

Thanks for the update! To clarify when you say it is laggy, is it lagging to switch between threads or does it switch right away and just lag to load the messages in that thread? If it lags to show the messages, does it behave the same way when you click off the thread after it has loaded completely and then click back on it right away?

As for syncing your contacts, you will want to tap on the contacts tab on your DIGITS app on your phone and then tap "cloud" to sync your device contacts to the DIGITS cloud. After you have synced the contacts from the phone, you should see the names appear in the DIGITS app for the PC.

• dlo1206

first off, syncing the contacts on the computer I only see an option to add my google account.  My contacts are spread over 2 google accounts so this doesn't work.  I did back up my contacts in the cloud but theres no option on the desktop app for the Mac computers. 

I think I have too many texts and contacts for this program, it freezes and lags off my contacts on my one google account that I synced.  When I click on the contacts tab, the app freezes

The texts are better but still run slow and only some contacts are showing up, I'm paying my assistant per day so if there's a quick fix to at least the contacts sync, that'd be very helpful