billed for unused lines

dar18

This is one of the worst experience with Tmobile being a prepaid customer. I wanted to switch from prepaid to postpaid so ordered a sim card over phone service. Later realized I was conned and over sold a simple sim that costs just $8 but the con lady made me pay $20 for it. Realizing I was being fooled, I called up cancelled the order and received a reference number. A month later, I receive a bill for cancelled, unused lines a sum of $110 for two lines for which I have to call and explain the whole story and cancel it once again. By this time, I received the refund the cancelled sim card and asked to ignore any further bills that will be generated because the system of tmobile is so dumb that it wouldn't know that my account stands cancelled. I would to believe that the agents are also dumb because no one knows how to simply cancel an account and close it.

All of this happened in June 17. We're in August now and I received another bill + a final notice stating that I'm due to pay $60 to Tmobile, if not paid by so and so date, the bill will be sent to a collection agent. I called up this morning, spoke to 5 different people within 1 hr, because everyone behaved dumb and less equipped to resolve my issue.

Finally an agent who claimed she worked for tmobile for 20 years, wonder if Tmobile is so old confirmed that my bill will be revised and sent another with a zero balance by the 20th August so that I can disregard this balance due.

What is really frustrating is that, Tmobile refuses to provide a confirmation that the dispute is resolved and the customer can move on peacefully after this. This is going to keep haunting me until the 20th or my bill will be sent for debt collection center and this is eventually going to affect my credit score. How can there be not a system that simply closes an account ends the story there, instead they keep harassing the customer for 3 continuous months like this. I really hope they can give me peace of mind with this issue.

I really don't know who you are or how you can help, I just want to believe I'm not talking to a random discussion board but someone in tmobile. I hope to hear response from Tmobile is resolving this issue.

Sincerely

Unhappy frustrated user of tmobile

i made the biggest mistake in life by ordering a postpaid sim.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: billed for unused lines

Have you followed the terms of the Fair Credit Billing Act?  Do you have copies of all your correspondence?

• gramps28

Have you tried contacting T-Force through social media like facebook or twitter?

Contact Us

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • tmo_amanda

Hey, dar18!

Welcome to our Support Community. I'm so sorry that this situation even occurred. This should have been resolved as soon as your SIM order was canceled. This would be considered a "no install cancellation" because none of the service was used. While I know you'd like something in writing confirming that you already have a zero balance instead of waiting a few more days, it sounds like the bill that generates on the 20th should be correct. When the bill arrives and shows a zero balance, this is a confirmation that the account is closed and completely handled (in your case).

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • dar18

TO TMO_AMANDA - I'm still not convinced why it is so difficult to provide a written communication that the account is closed. I don't think it is appropriate to send a customer's debt to a collection agency unless and until it is a legit dispute from the customer's side. This is really frustrating to know you would be reporting about me for no MISTAKE of mine. Ridiculous system you have in place.

• artart

dar18 wrote:

What is really frustrating is that, Tmobile refuses to provide a confirmation that the dispute is resolved and the customer can move on peacefully after this. This is going to keep haunting me until the 20th or my bill will be sent for debt collection center and this is eventually going to affect my credit score.

I really don't know who you are or how you can help, I just want to believe I'm not talking to a random discussion board but someone in tmobile. I hope to hear response from Tmobile is resolving this issue.

Sincerely

Unhappy frustrated user of tmobile

i made the biggest mistake in life by ordering a postpaid sim.

Hi dar18

I absolutely agree that you should not delay getting confirmation in writing.

It might be too late to protect your good credit history if one more promise is not fulfilled on the 20th. . You absolutely should get written documentation to provide to T-Mobile if this matter ends up in collection. If you have to dispute invalid negatives placed in your credit file, only T-Mobile will be able to expeditiously correct your credit history.

If this matter gets nasty,

and collection agencies are VERY nasty, I would not rely on telling a T-Mo rep what you were told orally by another rep. I would never agree to ignore a written demand for payment and threat of collection because someone told me orally it was OK to do so.

The good news is

there is probably nothing to worry about, if you follow the advice given by gramps28 and contact T-Force on facebook. You just click on the Contact T-Mobile on Messenger in the upper right hand corner of the page.

T-Force is a wonderful bunch of problem solvers

and has the authority to fix this problem once and for all. Most importantly you will have a written record of your entire conversation to prove at a later date what transpired. I would simply tell the rep that you will have no peace of mind until you can see a final bill of $0. There is no reason whatsoever that T-Force can't have your account validated  to reflect a $0 balance immediately with the "saved" chat log as proof of full payment for your records. If i you can't receive immediate credit, you can still copy and paste the chat log for your own records. You will then have proof of what T-Mobile said will happen on the 20th.

As far as who we are.

We are  not a random discussion board. We are a community of T-Mobile customers like yourself with a combined experience of many years. Some of us have been T-Mobile customers since before a few of the current T-Mobile employees were even born. You are right. T-Mobile did not exist 20 years ago. T-Mo purchased companies that did exist twenty years ago.  Employees of those companies became T-Mobile employees. Customers of those companies became T-Mobile customers. Some of those original customers are active in this forum.   This community support forum is carefully monitored by actual T-Mobile employees who are responsible to see that your needs are met by the advice that the rest of us provide.

tmo_amanda who reassured you that you have nothing to worry about is a T-Mobile employee who is a manager of the forum. You can trust her to provide valid information. The managers also oversee the rest of us to make sure that bad advice is not provided by any of the members. There is absolutely nothing "random" about this forum.

We all draw upon our various areas of expertise to provide the best possible support for you. For instance, I chimed in to add my two cents because I have spent over a decade of actively addressing credit, credit scoring, credit rebuilding, and Fair Credit Reporting issues. drnewcomb2 made a very good suggestion, to read up on the Fair Credit Billing Act. I believe everybody should at least know something about the laws pertaining to credit usage if they care about maintaining a good cred history. Although I believe Amanda gave you the proper advice, I believe you should follow your gut feeling and don't wait till the 20th to see what happens. Just my own opinion.

I hope you found joining our community as one of our newest members, a pleasant experience. Please let us know how things are working out before the 20th.

Art

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • dar18

Hello,

Thank you so much for such detailed response. This is really helpful and informative. Yes, I'm talking steps to ensure that I have something in written soon and contacting the Tforce on FB.

Also, thanks for reassuring that I'm talking to humans and not to a discussion board, very warming to hear from such wonderful people

• tmo_marissa

Hi, dar18. If the revised final statement entered production yesterday, I know there won't be an opportunity for you to have received it in the mail just yet -- it can take a few days to produce, and then of course, travel. But all the same we just wanted to check in here and see how working with T-Force went for you, or if you've had any other cause for concern. Please keep us posted on what you see in your mailbox! Thank you.

- Marissa