Sending SMS via gateway

taira

Hello, not sure if this is the right forum for this, but pardon me if I'm in the wrong one.

I've got sort of an advanced question I was hoping someone would have more information about. My boss and I both use T-Mobile as our carrier, and I'm in the process of writing a program which can send us a text when a certain condition is satisfied. I'm trying to use T-Mobile's SMS gateway, tmomail.net, but it's working very sporadically, and I get a return message which has this in it:

Screenshot from 2017-08-17 15-53-52.png

Which I haven't been able to find much information on. I suspect the frequency with which I'm sending these messages during texting is simply too high, and it's being blocked by the server, but I've tried sending them up to 5 minutes apart to no avail. Does anyone have any information on what that critical frequency is, or perhaps what precisely the error message means?

Thanks in advance!

All replies

• taira

Re: Sending SMS via gateway

Nevermind. The problem was actually related to message length. You must ensure the messages being sent don't exceed the max length supported by SMS.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, taira! I know you figured this one out, but I just wanted to toss out a thread link in case you guys bump into any more issues. email to tmomail.net rejected for banned content has several posts on it from one of our engineers, and although that thread is locked, the info in it is still super useful! Thanks for coming back to the post to let us know you'd sorted the problem here!

- Marissa

• jon509

Is there a good, recent thread to get on for SMS gateway help?  My employer sends notifications via your SMS gateway, and I've got a series of T-Mobile customers that are either having sporadic missing notices or have stopped getting notices within the last month.  Logging on our side shows 250 OK response from the gateway on our outbound messages.