SMART LOCK and Trusted Places S8+

rbryinc

So I set my home address and it does nothing.  Still need to unlock every time I use the phone when in my house.Seriously nothing.  IT is like nothing is set.  Went back to check and the correct address is in the phone but does not stay unlocked

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: SMART LOCK and Trusted Places S8+

Hey rbryinc  is this still an issue? If so, has it always been like this or did it happen after an update was downloaded? Have you tried removing and setting up trusted locations again to see if that helps? Please keep us posted. Thanks!

• rbryinc

Still does nothing.  Never set it before but it still stays locked in my house even though I checked and it is set correctly

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for checking. What if you flip the phone over to safe mode? Does it unlock the phone when it's in that mode? I'd also like to know if it ever worked for you since you started using it.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, rbryinc! Just wanted to check in here and see if you'd had a chance to test this out in Safe Mode as MC suggested, or if you'd had the opportunity to double check the location services on your device as stevetjr mentioned. I also thought it might be worth asking if you have a corporate email app on your phone -- the one we use disables these features and overrides with a permanent screen lock in order to protect sensitive information, so I thought that might be a possibility worth exploring. Thanks for keeping us updated!

- Marissa

• tmo_amanda

Happy Thursday, rbryinc!

We want to get your S8+'s features working as they should be. Smart lock is such a handy feature. Some of the questions that have been asked that we're still waiting on answers for are:

• Do you have corporate email on your device?
                  • Have you tried running your phone in safe mode?
                  • Are your location services enabled?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

• stevetjr

Location services on?  I use it not at home (teenagers will hijack and post stuff lol)  though but do in the car, I set it to recognize my car's bluetooth.  If not finding location accurately have your tried tying it to your home wifi or something else other than location?  The only reason it shouldn't work is that it can't verify or doesn't know it's there (you house).  Can you try it on another parameter and see if the function works at all?

1 of 1 people found this helpful