Not receiving "number verification texts"

magenta2451156

I just added my t-mobile number for my online banking in citi and PayPal and they both sent me verification texts.

I received all the messages in my iPhone's messages app, but none of them showed up in my digits app. Normal texts from another phone on the other hand did show up.

What can I do to get these texts working too as I would like to be able to receive these when I am overseas?

Thanks, Nil

All replies

• debjitjdv

As of now I believe DIGITS numbers (which are Non SIM'ed) or mapped to DIGITS app can receive short code texts as per tmo_evan. They made some changes internally all of a sudden and that is causing this issue. I have no idea when that is going to be fixed except "soon". Let me tag tmo_chris to see if he can gather some info regarding this from tmo_evan as all my banking texts are not coming as well to my DIGITS lines.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta2451156! debjitjdv is correct -- at this time, verification texts from the majority of institutions will only arrive on your primary SIM device. We are working on making them available across all DIGITS devices in the future, but we don't have an ETA on that at the moment. You'll still get T-Mobile short code messages (the ones that come from 456) on all devices, and there are a number of other short codes that are already DIGITS-compatible, although we don't have a list to provide, and WEA and Amber alerts should still arrive without issue as well. If we hear any news of a timeline for this functionality to be universal, we will absolutely share that.

- Marissa

• jewbixcube

Re: Not receiving "number verification texts"

Have there been any updates on adding this functionality? I use DIGITS on the web at work because my phone doesn't get service here. If DIGITS doesn't receive short code texts and my phone doesn't receive short code texts while I'm at work, then I can't receive short code texts at all while I'm at work and this prevents me from accomplishing things until I leave work.

• kamex

Re: Not receiving "number verification texts"

I can confirm the same issue, the sms messages coming from short codes, even from T-mobile (tmobile tuesday) are not being received on the DIGITS app or webapp.

I'm a heavy DIGITS user and this is frustrating since I can't carry all the phones I have at the same time and rely on the DIGITS app to get this type of verification messages.

Any Idea of when will it work ?