Free Iphone 7 trade up deal from Sept 2016.  STILL NO CREDIT!

magenta2416355

Did anyone else do the free iphone 7 if you trade in an iphone 6 last September?@  The promo was that your phone was free, and that you'd get statement credits each month so that you didn't pay anything for your new phone.  Also, if you traded in a 5/c/s you'd get credits so that your phone only cost you $250. Here's a link to an article about the deal and a screen shot of the promo from the t mobile site.

T-Mobile's free iPhone 7 offer will end this Sunday - TmoNews

Well, I did the deal with 3 phones but I am still trying to get my credits!!  I don't know if T mobile thought I wouldn't notice, but they continued to bill me the EIP and I received no credits.  Unfortunately for me, I didn't notice until about May 2017.  I've been trying to get the issue resolved, and get what I promised ever since.  Is there one out there who can help me, or anyone at t-mobile who would talk to me about this? I've spent more hours on the phone than a care to quantify, and though I have received some credits on my account, I still haven't received what I was promised.

All replies

• tmo_chris

Oh my goodness! I want you to be able to get the credits you are due! We will have to take a look at your account to see what is going on here so if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to reach out to our T-Force team. They will be able to look at your account and find out what happened with these promos.

• magenta3537004

Funny same thing happened to me I’m still calling about this and I get the run around everytime

• magenta4638037

I just put in a final complaint. If they don't resolve I'm filing an attorney general complaint, a BBB complaint, posting reviews EVERYWHERE and contacting my attorney about starting a class action suit. I've been with them for like a decade and had no other issues, cannot comprehend how they can treat their customers like this. I've already paid double what the promotion said the phone would cost and they still want another $160..

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta4638037

I am sorry you are having such a rough time getting your promotion. It is never our intention to make these sorts of things difficult for our customers. I am not exactly sure where you submitted your complaint but if you have not already, I would recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team on Facebook or Twitter (links in my signature). They will be able to pull up your account and do a full investigation as to what has happened here and go over all your available options.

• magenta3624458

I just noticed I ran into exactly the same issue! Purchased 4 iphone 7 on Sept 25, 2016 (yes, when we were in T-mobile retail store, we were told you are lucky, today is the last day of promotion!), but I'm such a fool that I just checked my account today (Dec 2017), no credit was posted on my account. Called customer service, contacted the store where I originally purchased the iphone, still no resolution. This is not the first time we upgraded our phones, but this is the first we didn't get any credit. Please let me know how to get this issue resolved!

• jtal38@gmail.com

Same here. It's January 2018, and I still haven't received my credit. I've been getting the run-around for over a year. I'm about to switch carriers.

• magenta3894574

I also have this problem and have been contacting t-mobile reps for over a year. The promo was to receive credits and pay nothing for the iphone 7 plus. I don't understand why I am receiving only partial credits. The promo said I didn't have to pay anything in the end. I also have been going in circles with the t-mobile reps.

• magenta4081218

Did they actually give you back all the credits? We've been calling in the past year too. All they did is saying okay we will adjust your billing and it will take up 2~3 billing cycles to show, but it never happened. We are basically paying full price for the two iPhone 7, except that we are with a more expensive plan. The reason that we switched to the T-Mobile One plan was to get the iphone 7 with the promised $250. Our billing for the first couple months was:

10-23-16 to 11-22-16: 2 lines, $195.20 ($141.02 + $54.18 equipment/iPhone fees)

11-23-16 to 12-22-16: 2 lines, $195.20 ($141.02 + $54.18 iphone fees)

12-23-16 to 1-22-17: 2 lines, $194.55 ($140.37 + $54.18 iphone fees)

1-23-17 to 2-22-17: 2 lines, $204.76 ($150.58 + $54.18 iphone fees)

THAT'S JUST FOR TWO LINES!

• ben.n

Yep, same problem here. Called multiple times. Just got off the phone with a supervisor as the rep couldn't help me. After nearly an hour explaining my situation, the phone call magically disconnected. Guess thats how they handle situations that they cannot figure out themselves. I used to like T mobile's customer service. Lost all confidence in the company and if I don't start receiving my full credits deserved to me for trading in my phones, I'm switching carriers.

• tmo_chris

Hey folks,

We want to ensure you are receiving the appropriate promotional credits. Here on a user forum, we do not have the ability to securely access your accounts. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to speak with our T-Force team who will be able to pull up your account and do a thorough investigation as to what happened and sort this out.

• jms55

Ive had the same issue, Tmobile is ripping people off! Sent in 2 phones, an iphone 6 and a 6+ and also paid the upgrade fees for the larger memory Iphone 7 and 7+. Talked to a tmobile rep months ago, was told it was going to be solved and nothing has changed on my bill. Still paying the monthly lease fees, no credits! This is ridiculous, Tmobile needs to fix this! 

• magenta3175748

I had the same problem. I've been trying to get it fixed since December by call customer support. Today they actually told me that my portion of the phone was $300+ and I was given too much credit! I did what Chris suggested and went on Twitter and messaged the T-Force team. Erika Holeman, the representative, had all the amounts of what was promised, what what I paid, what they credited and what was owed to me in about 5 minutes. In another 5 minutes she came back and said my account was credited and it would show up in 24 hours. I have never had customer service like that! Best use for Twitter ever!

• magenta4550388

I still don’t get the credit by today I went to a retail in Wesley chapel Florida store spoke with the manager there Ricardo and he said that t-mobile never had the promotion and offer me $100 of credit and not else that he can do.

that is not the first time I compla about it .

• tm-srj

I have the same issue!!!!  Cant wait until September gets here to switch.  I have had to call Tmobile in various occasions to get my credits, every time I call I have to explain the whole story again, even look for the tracking number where I sent the trades ins!  Last time (looks like they finally made a log of previous calls) I called they told me a supervisor would call me to credit past months charges and I never got that call.  The credits do not post, reps tell me they will personally look to credit this every month and that doesn't happen.  At this point me and my family are very flustered. I am planning to go to a Tmobile store to see if this is of any help, but again having to take time out for this ( going on the basis each cal takes a minimum of 1 hour), I have to plan time to do this store visit.  Not happy with the response to this by customer service at all.

• yangbearfam

I have the same issue! Called T-mobile representative and she said that it was a mistake, but because there is only two more payments left they cannot do much at this point and if I had realized it sooner then they could have dealt with this issue at the time. I understand the money won't be refunded for being billed for all these months, but it should be credited toward my account for future billing. My family has been with T-mobile for over a decade and this is the second time with similar credit issues. The representative that took the call spoke to her manager and said at this time they can only offer to credit the remaining two months of phone, which equates to about $50. That means they are only willing to credit the last $50 of a phone that cost $650 at the time. She said that T-mobile can escalate the issue for further investigation. This means that it will be investigated and they will contact me in 3-5 business days over the phone to tell me their verdict. The representative only offered this option after I had expressed my displeasure. Our T-mobile account is set up for auto pay because my parents who started this account are not fluent in English so it make it easier for them to not be late on their bills. I (their daughter) recently signed into this account to adjust our current plan so everyone was unaware of the charges up until now. If it weren't for me checking our account T-mobile would have continued overcharging our account with no qualms of taking advantage of customers that cannot fully comprehend their bills.

To me this says that the T-mobile believes if the customer does not notice that they are being charged more than they should be, it is the customers' problem and T-mobile is not responsible. I feel like if that is their mentality for business practice then we should consider switching carriers after being customers for so long.