Is it worth keeping JOD still?

frederickdawg

I have 4 Simple choice lines, 2 lines have JOD on them . I kept one of my JOD lines since I figured I may need to JOD sometime in the future as I was under the impression JOD was now grandfathered. But after reading about the latest changes in JOD and how it will change even for exisiting users, this primarily means I can leave JOD now and come back to it when I need it?

In summary, the JOD I have is no different to what is being offered now with the new terms and conditions?

All replies

• allenenriquez1985

Re: Is it worth keeping JOD still?

totally agree! I'd hope that T-Mobile at least mantain JOD original 2,3 upgrades per year with zero down that's the main reason I wanted to switch to the plan to pay over time or at least have the option. It totally defets the purpose of JOD as it stood to me no payment at the time of purchase. It's very nice to upgrade every 30 days. I am assuming it will be like close 300 down taxes and everything. I am so disappointed on this move. Alone I pay about 300 a month 4 lines 2 JOD 2 regular plus accessories. I just paid 200 to jump! So thats like 500! Thats a car paymen! So if I want to jump every 30 days thats my price!? Wow! I can barely imagine if one is serious about a real phone its like 250-300 currently now when the new JOD takes affect it'll be just about that price.

• tidbits

It's going to be the same as it is for EIP's from what I have read. ) down was originally for the base model, but people pressured T-Mobile to also do it for the higher models from time to time.

SO for example Z2 Force is

EIP - $30 down $30 a month

JOD - $0 down $34 a month

Both you pay taxes on from what I remember.  Not that huge of a difference if you ask me unless you want like a 256GB iPhone.

• allenenriquez1985

so basicly

EIP  $30

JOD $30

same price.

thanks for much  simpler idea.  I'm truly baffled.

• allenenriquez1985

if T-Mobile is going to charge that much for a deposit I am hoping their going to get way better coverage not jsut the qualifying 3MBPS as a okay 4G LTE  download speeds on Rush Hour because fot that large of a down payment were pretty much paying for a Tesla super sup car and except to drive my full 4G LTE speeds if that's the case bec if I buy a Telsa I want to be able to drive 65 Mph on the freeway a that means 4G LTE should be at least no less then 25Mpbs on rush hour so I give the Tmobile by one time frame at the point of No down payment JOD.    I love Tmobile but it comes to a point ☝️ if they take one major game player  tactic I expect another one to replace it in its place. I didnt leave the big red or blue just to have lost features I want to gain features and freedom as I thought tmobile stands for to me at least.

• allenenriquez1985

totally agree! I'd hope that T-Mobile at least mantain JOD original 2,3 upgrades per year with zero down that's the main reason I wanted to switch to the plan to pay over time or at least have the option. It totally defeats the purpose of JOD as it stood to me no payment at the time of purchase. It's very nice to up other option I see if the companies with the carrier to have a better optional promotion. They way I look at it is 12 x 300 a month that's like $3,600.00 a year! Just for down payments! plus the plan it's an a averag of 4 lines $5,000.00 a year! That's more then my car payment of lease and insurance combined! This is madnes. As probaly can see I am way over worked up about this change. I am glad I am the only one thinking if this is a real deal or should I switch?  I hope someone can do more pros and cons later on this matter. Well one thing is for sure I am going to Use JOD one last time before the zero down goes away good bye uncarrier I miss you already. I would have been fine if it's once a year upgrade just to keep it at zero down since their are real changes  on smartphones once 1 year. I'll have to see what happens in a year too see the reality.

• frederickdawg

So was I right in thinking A: JOD is not grandfathered and readily available and B: I can get it back in the future should I need to.

So with this mind, I am getting rid of one of my JOD lines, just downgraded a J7 to a REVVL and will return it back to TMO under the 14 day remorse period for contract termination. cheers.