TMOBILE STOLE MY PHONE?

magenta2410862

I had a defective device (once it went on sleep mode, to turn it back on, i had to put it up to a heat source) and called TMOBILE to let them know about this issue and they let me know I could get a replacement. A refurbished one, but I didn't care I just wanted a working phone. They send me a shipping label and I use that label and the destination is Coppell, Texas. I send it thinking it would be okay, you never think it would disappear once it gets to its destination.

I obsessively check the tracking on the UPS site and eventually it tells me it got delivered on July 3rd. The person I spoke to wrote my address down incorrectly so I had to fix it with UPS, still thinking I was getting a replacement phone. They can't give me a tracking number, which I need to update my address with UPS. This goes on for a month and in that month I am lied to MULTIPLE TIMES. The excuses the representatives give me range from "the phone is backordered" to "there's a problem at the airport" and honestly I lost track of the lies. At this point I am getting upset because I am a paying customer and I shouldn't be treated like this! The phone should have been sent within a week and in fact I was told I would get it in that time and I never got anything! I was given multiple dates on when I would get the replacement phone and I never got it.

I also lost track of how many times I called them and today a representative told me they can't find the phone I already sent and without it, they can't send me a replacement. As far as I'm concerned, I already did my part and sent them MY phone, I should get what was promised me. Yet they won't. After some googling, I see that the location in Coppell, Texas is known for having devices "mysteriously disappear." How was I supposed to know this?!

Knowing all this, TMOBILE is sitting on their hands and basically refuse to help me. I spent my hard earned money on that phone and TMOBILE HAS STOLEN IT!!

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: TMOBILE STOLE MY PHONE?

I'm not quite sure I understand. Do they say the phone you sent was never received or that the replacement has been lost?

T-Mobile's phone return program is notorious for getting things messed up.

Sometimes the T-Force reps (T-Mobile employees) here can help get this sort of mess straightened out.

I would have stopped calling and started writing letters long ago.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta2410862

I sent MY phone, UPS says it's been delivered, yet TMOBILE says they never received it. How would that even be possible? I used their own shipping label, for goodness sake! At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to pull a fast one. They probably already fixed up the phone I sent them and gave it out to someone else and are playing dumb.

• drnewcomb2

First, apply Hanlon's Razor to the problem. T-Mobile's wanting to cheat you out of a phone makes as much sense as the guy behind the concession counter at the cinema wanting to cheat you out of a single kernel of popcorn. The problem is that they are generally swamped and apparently not that well organized.

You have proof that something was delivered. It's now in T-Mobile's court to show what happened to it.

If they are billing you for the phone you can cite the Fair Credit Billing Act in your dispute letter.

The problem is that if you insist on continuing to make phone calls to resolve the issue, you'll have no paper trail. If it comes to small-claims court, you want a paper trail.

• frederickdawg

I think everyones phone gets "lost" by default until countless hours of chasing up is done. Sad but true.

• tmo_chris

Hey magenta2410862,

I am truly sorry for the troubles you have had to go through in getting your replacement. You have definitely done your part in sending us your defective unit so I want to make sure you get your replacement. This is going to require some account specific investigation so I would recommend that you reach out to our social media care team T-Force on Twitter or Facebook using the links in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and do a thorough investigation as to what is going on with your replacement.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, magenta2410862. I'm so sorry to read over the situation with your device. We just wanted to check in and see if you'd had the opportunity to contact our T-Force team so that we could look into your account and get an escalation filed to locate your phone. How did everything go?

- Marissa