DIGITS Internationally - issue

giosan

Hello, everyone. I noticed the following glitch (or maybe I am missing something). I have an iPhone 7.

When my phone is registered on a US mobile network i(e.g., T-mobile, or AT&T), I can activate DIGITS data only (right after the DIGITS login screen on iOS) without problems. This happens even if I I put my phone on airplane mode and turn on WiFi only. It seems that the app "remembers" this even in WIFI only mode that I am on a US network. So far so good.

However, when I am on an international network with an international sim card (e.g., Vodafone network with a Vodafone sim card), no matter what I try (cellular data, wifi, both), the link "data only" on the DIGITS app on my iPhone does not work. It is not clickable. I login to DIGITS, and I am able to get in, and then it asks me for US phone number to receive a code. Since I do not have one (at that moment I have an international SIM card inserted) I choose "Data only", but that link never works. It is not clickable.

The workaround, which did allow me to use DIGITS, though at sub-par quality, was to do this while internationally: Insert Tmobile sim card, login into DIGITS, choose data only for the lines, remove the Tmobile card (while keeping me logged into DIGITS) and insert the international sim card. When I do this, I do have access to my virtual DIGITS line, but not in real time. Only when I open the app I get to see the text messages I might have received, which download each time I open the app (I do not receive them otherwise). Phone calls in this scenario never ring, they go straight to voicemail, with no notification. I see that I have a voicemail only if I open the DIGITS app. So, it "kinda" works in the sense that I am able to kind of manually download the text messages by opening DIGITS app, but it is not supposed to work like that.

What am I missing here? I have been travelling overseas several times recently, and even after all the DIGITS updates, I still have this issue. My main reason to use DIGITS is to have virtual access to my US lines when I am on an international sim card on an international network.

Please advise,

Cezar

All replies

• debjitjdv

Re: DIGITS Internationally - issue

Hi Cezar this is really an weird issue. Let me get hold of our DIGITS guru who can help you out. I must say your description is indeed ivery detailed.

Hi tmo_evan tmo_chris tmo_marissa Cezar is facing an interesting issue regarding the behavior of the DIGITS app in his iPhone 7. Can you get this figured out? His scenario seems legitimate and should work ideally.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • evan-digits

Cezar -

Can you let us know what version of the iOS app you are using?  If you haven't updated to the latest version, please do so and see if that fixed the issue.  If that doesn't fix the issue, please let us know the version number that you're seeing as the latest version so we can take another look.

Thanks!

Evan

• giosan

Hello, I always use the latest versions of the iOS, which I typically install the moment I am notified. The issue has persisted irrespective of the version number. I am using now iOS version 10.3.3. Please note that since I am back to the US now (and DIGITS work) it would be impossible to test anything you might try. The issue only happens on international cellular networks when I am on an international sim card. Please also note something interesting: If I use an international sim card on a US network (e.g. Vodafone roaming in the US) DIGITS work fine. It is only when I am overseas on international sim cards/international cellular networks that the problem appears.

• jayminho

digits is the worst thing you can install.. i have installed t-mobile digits and now I CANNOT RECEIVE ANY SHORTCODE from banks, uber, whatsapp, nothing!!!

worst yet, t-mobile people have no clue what to do.

stay away from t-mobile digits.. i will change my simcard number!!

• debjitjdv

jayminho

Short Code service is NOT AVAILABLE with DIGITS Number. It is only available via SIM card numbers. Its a fact. And there is not ETA when it will work.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • jayminho

Yes. So it's a double crap tdigits.

Because now I am locked out everything. 

Removing, unpairing is impossible even after done I don't receive my sms through normal ways anymore.

So I am stuck to tdigits which is a empovirshed version of good old sms.

I can't receive shortcodes, and I can't Uninstall/unassociate my phone from it. It's just there. Stuck.  Gosh né at undo? Move to another carrier? Cancel my Sim card and ask for a new one? Change numbers?  

How come they manage to put out such a lame product like this iin the market. It's totally crap. There are several people on the forum with the very same issue as mine and NO SOLUTION.  You call then and they have no idea how to get you out from this tdigits thing.  Basically you are there now. Bonded for life. It's horror movie. 

• debjitjdv

By default every T-Mobile number is a DIGITS. There is no number any more. I receive short codes in my SIM number. Just change your number in  your online Bank account or Uber account to SIM number and it should be good to go.

2 of 2 people found this helpful