Branched from an earlier discussion.

Re: No service

noserviceallthetime

I have no service now all the time at home and at work. Time for a change.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! I noticed your post on this older No service thread, but don't want it lost in the shuffle since that issue's from several months ago, so we moved it to its own post! I'm sorry to read about your service issues -- no coverage at home or work sounds hugely inconvenient! Can I ask where you're located (just a general area like a ZIP code will help) and what kind of device you're using? How long ago did this start happening? Are you seeing zero bars consistently, or is the issue intermittent? We'd love to know a little more so that we can try to help out!

- Marissa

• noserviceallthetime

Zip codes are 77459 & 77479. Issues with every phone from Samsung Galaxy, Nexus 4, and now currently IPhone 7 plus purchased at Tmobile.  Walk to the end of the street at home and complete dead zone. Going to have problems with this service very soon when there is an emergency at the house and I can't call 911 for fire and security issues.

• noserviceallthetime

No service on the phone. This hasn't just happen. I've just put up with it for the past 7 years at the house and at the end of patience now.

• tmo_marissa

Gotcha. Seven years is a long time to wait for service improvements! I took a look at the ZIP codes you're providing. Regarding 77459, I can appreciate that this isn't the strongest in-building coverage area. It does look like we'd expect to cover you (at least with the iPhone, which is what I ran the map with) while driving and outdoors, though, so I'm concerned that you mentioned you're not getting any service at all at the end of your block, if this is the ZIP you're referring to! It does look like there is ongoing modernization in that ZIP, as well as a local site (tower) issue that was reported on 8/4/2017, which the worklog shows has been assigned back to the vendor (site owner) for repairs. In 77479 the coverage does look better, although coverage in big buildings isn't likely to be the most consistent here, we do expect to have 4G and LTE in homes in and in other areas in large buildings as well. There's no ongoing modernization and there are no local site issues or complaints logged for 77479 at this time.
                In either of these areas, if you're seeing no signal while outdoors, we absolutely need to hear from you to get a ticket filed, as this isn't expected at all! Granted that while the local tower issue is ongoing in 77459, depending on the exact address and how close you are to that particular site, we may not file a service inquiry until the repairs are complete -- but in 77479 we should absolutely be able to get a ticket filed for no signal while outdoors immediately.
                I am sorry that this is the experience you're having, and more so to know that it's been going on for such a considerable length of time. But I assure you, we want to help! Feedback in this forum is valuable but isn't transferable directly to engineers with the data that having a ticket filed will provide them. If you're looking for an online format to interact; you don't have to call in to have a service inquiry filed -- our T-Force teams over Twitter and Facebook can get these complaints logged as well!

- Marissa

• noserviceallthetime

Well thanks for the update. Circumstances have changed and in an emergency and/or life or death situation, tmobile service cannot be trusted if there is an emergency at home.

• noserviceallthetime

If the tower in 77459 has had an issue since 8/4/2017, the signal from that tower was never great to begin with since 2010.

• tmo_marissa

I can definitely appreciate that if the present (or past!) circumstances don't allow for service in your home, and we haven't been able to offer any coverage solutions (like a router, booster or CellSpot) that fit for your family, then you have every right to be concerned! Although the local site issues aren't adding anything great to this experience, it sounds like it wasn't ideal in the first place. Although a coverage solution won't fix the current trouble with the tower, it might be a great thing to explore going forward! If we haven't talked about such an option with you over the years, we dropped the ball. Have we ever brought up one of these items as something that might be helpful to your family in your discussions with us about your signal?

- Marissa