South Florida Coverage

itsyapapi

LTE Data has been slow, it is really annoying. At times texts won't send?, facetimes says reconnecting?, I have 2 bars almost damn near every corner of my house and it is NOT fast at all, at times apps won't load (i.e. Instagram, YouTube, Twitter). It feels like I'm paying 100$ a month for booty service? Thinking about switching. Help please. It's crazy because I can't use my phone at home, I have to find a spot by the living room window for me to get 3 bars and it runs fine.

All replies

• miket

Re: South Florida Coverage

Where are you  (city/zip code).  What phone?  If you are on a regular TM plan, you are probable eligible to get a booster from TM since you have signal by a window.

• drnewcomb2

A lot of modern building materials do a wonderful job of blocking radio (i.e. cellular) signals. What's the difference in the signal level outside vs inside your house? Are you by any chance in SW Florida (e.g Ft. Myers, Naples, etc)? Do you have broadband Internet at home?

• drnewcomb2

Sound like you have a very well shielded home.

You can get a booster by calling 611 and requesting one. It's a loaner and there's probably a small deposit.

Look at the information near the bottom of the coverage page. There are boosters and CellSpots. The booster takes available signal from one place (e.g. a window) and rebroadcasts it in another (e.g. kitchen, living room). The CellSpot is a personal femto-cell that attaches to your broadband Internet and acts like a little cell tower inside your house. There is also a WiFi router that is customized to provide good WiFi Calling service. The last two require that you have a good broadband Internet service. Each has advantages and disadvantages and you can only pick one.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • itsyapapi

That's honestly ridiculous that I'm paying so much to have good service, and I gotta pay extra for it JUST to work in my home lmao, not wasting my time. Doubt it'll even work, gonna go ahead and switch to At&t