TM-AC1900 setup

magenta2386230

Very poor coverage in my home office and I was sent the WiFi CellSpot Router to use with my T-Mobile business account.  Cox Cable is my ISP and enters my home with a Netgear60-5G combination modem/router and I want to keep that for all my other personal devices, internet and streaming. 

I only want to use the T-Mobile CellSpot router for my iPhone 6.  I have plugged the ethernet cable into the Netgear60-5G and into the blue port on the back of the CellSpot.

I can connect the iPhone wi-fi to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz CellSpot networks but still only have one bar of signal so no improvement. Are there more steps or something additional to do?

All replies

• j.a.r.v.i.s

Re: TM-AC1900 setup

For the CellSpot router, you just connect over LTE and the router then and sends the call over the internet, which if you have WiFi, is pretty much the same thing.  The CellSpot is basically a mini-tower.

4G LTE CellSpot V1

WiFi calling using your Cox WiFi does not work ?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hey, magenta2386230 !

Have you had a chance to go over the set-up steps that j.a.r.v.i.s listed above? If not, give those a shot and perhaps there was a single step missed that'll improve your signal strength.

Keep us updated!

• magenta2386230

Thanks for the hints.  I'm wondering if the 4G LTE CellSpot is what I may need? I have tried to set up and use the TM-AC1900 that was sent to me and noted in my original question.  It provides only one bar of signal strength

Prior to receiving this TM-AC1900, the T-Mobile LTE signal and the WiFi calling using my house Cox Cable set up were both poor (while noting that my original WiFi modem/router combo with Cox is excellent and supports multiple devices and video streaming etc).

I have plugged the ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the Netgear60-5G and into the blue port on the back of the TM-AC1900 WiFi CellSpot Router.  I can connect the iPhone wi-fi to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz CellSpot networks but still only have one bar of signal so no improvement. Are there more steps or something additional to do?

• magenta2386230

Thanks for the hints.  I'm wondering if the 4G LTE CellSpot is what I may need? I have tried to set up and use the TM-AC1900 that was sent to me and noted in my original question.  It provides only one bar of signal strength

Prior to receiving this TM-AC1900, the T-Mobile LTE signal and the WiFi calling using my house Cox Cable set up were both poor (while noting that my original WiFi modem/router combo with Cox is excellent and supports multiple devices and video streaming etc).

I have plugged the ethernet cable into the ethernet port on the Netgear60-5G and into the blue port on the back of the TM-AC1900 WiFi CellSpot Router.  I can connect the iPhone wi-fi to both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz CellSpot networks but still only have one bar of signal so no improvement. Are there more steps or something additional to do?

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things have progressed. Please let us know if you need any additional help.

• tmo_marissa

Hi, Jesse! We just wanted to touch base with you and see if you'd been able to get a CellSpot working and if that had improved things for you! I hope so, but please let us know if you're still looking for assistance. Thanks!

- Marissa