S8-cant hear me

magenta1662984

When receiving or placing calls, the person on the other end has been unable to hear me.

This has happened many times over the past couple months.

It has happened with wifi calling on and off, with good network connections and within 10 feet of my personal cell spot.

I've already done a complete factory reset and shut down any possible background apps.

I have also been experiencing very sluggish response within the phone.

Any help would be appreciated

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: S8-cant hear me

Hey, magenta1662984!

You have such an awesome phone but can't use it to its full potential. I have a few questions for you so I can figure out what's going on.

• Does this happen everywhere?
        • If you put your phone on speaker, do you still get the one-way audio?
        • Are you on the latest software version?
        • Are you using any 3rd applications for calls?
        • When did this start happening?

Also, try clearing all apps cache and wipe the cache partition by following these steps: Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy S8 .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • magenta1662984

Yes it happens everywhere

with speaker on or off

I have latest software version

No 3rd party call apps

It's been happening for several months- on and off

I just performed the cache partition wipe. This helped a little with the sluggishness, for now. I'll have to use it for a while to see if there is any real change to calls and overall performance.

• tmo_amanda

Thanks for the update, magenta1662984! I happy to hear that clearing your cache has improved the responsiveness of your S8. Any improvements to the one-way audio? If not, a ticket will need to be filed in order for our Engineers to take a closer look at what's going on. To file a ticket, use one of the methods found here: Contact Us.