EIP didn't transfer to new account

joe137970

3 months ago I was on my siste-in-laws family choice plan but I move cities and decided to separate my phone and service from her account and start a new account with my mother. When tmobile tranfered everything to the new account my EIP didn't go with it. Tmobile said that an email was sent to the primary account holders email account for authorization but it couldn't be found. So because it wasn't authorized my EIP stayed on my siste-in-laws account and can't be moved. I wonder if a tmobile manager or supervisor could do something about it. Can anyone help or suggest options? Thanks

All replies

• I may be wrong but EIPs normally fall on the account holder and their credit levels. This may or may not be why an EIP cannot be moved off of an account to another account is because it is based upon the credit of the account holder.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Re: EIP didn't transfer to new account

Oh boy joe137970  this is definitely something we'll need to look at on the account level. Have you tried Contact Us and get our account folks to take a look at escalating this for you? Please keep us posted. Thanks.

• joe137970

yes i did but because the e-verification wasn't verified they can't help. When we were at the tmobile store the person helping us never said anything about the

e-verification. When I noticed that the EIP on my phone wasn't showing up on the bill I called customer service and that's when I found out, so I went to check to see if the email was sent I couldn't find it, the email was not sent. Now I want to upgrade my iPhone to the new iPhone and my account says I don't qualify is there anything I can do to fix it? I'm paying the EIP on this

phone.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, our care folks should be able to escalate this for you. Here on the support site, we don't have the access to your account needed to push this to the next level. What did care tell you after you told them you didn't have email?

• joe137970

All the Rep. Said was that because the e-verification wasn't returned in the allow time the EIP couldn't be transferred anymore. I'm a guy that saves things that I feel might be important like the box the phone came in and documents like the EIP the store rep made me sign at the store, the problem is that it only shows one phone not two. When he was opening the new account and activating the lines he looked like he was rushing everything so much to the point he made us come back the next day to finish. Is there a store in my area that would have a supervisor/manager that i would be able to speak to.